Making phone calls in Portugal

Hi,

When settling in Portugal, one of the priorities is to be able to make phone calls.

How to proceed to get a landline installed in Portugal?

What are the mobile operators?

What is your average monthly budget?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Maximilien

How to proceed to get a landline installed in Portugal? - Contact MEO and have them make contact with you to schedule a meeting. You will need to provide a lot of documents until you are approved. Preferably talk to Portugal Telecom (MEO) in Portuguese, but if you request someone can call you back and speak with you in English. I think it takes about 4 to 6 weeks of waiting to have things straight. Once everything is completed you can enjoy your telephone landline.

What are the mobile operators? - Vodaphone, MEO and NOS and I checked that on the internet (cheating) ...

What is your average monthly budget? - congratulations, at least you've tried to find out :-) I have a prepaid cellphone "Samsung" that really sucks (it goes to deep sleep after every time someone calls me) and carry it only for emergency cases. I have no idea how to open the battery compartment to tell you its model number, but if you avoid all Korean electronics you will be just fine. €20 usually lasts me several months. As much as the cellphone cost me. I have a wonderful instrument called Acoustimeter (EMFields) Model AM-10. I test electromagnetic frequencies and radiation with it. It shows that most cellphones are dangerous to health. It's like eating cancerogens all day long. Yet home cordless phones are even worse. Yet there are pretty safe cellphones and they cost a lot. And you can't test one in a mobile store as they won't allow you to do that, but you can test all the cellphones of your friends and if you find one that has low EMF, buy it! The only safe one I saw was with the police woman in the USA. I guess mobile phone companies make sure police are safe rather than the citizens. If you need your cellphone tested you will have to purchase a very expensive instrument or travel to the Azores so I can test it for you.