Is there any problem with my name???

Hello there...
Friends my complete name is MUHAMMAD ALI, i am planing to come Bahrain next week so applied for visa, some body told me that maybe you will not get visa because of your name??? i am worried now...can anyone make sure please????

I have not heard of anyone having this issue, seems morally wrong to decline someone's application primarily due to his name. The closest experience I have had to this which could settle you is that I have two work colleagues with the names Mohammed Ali and Mohamed Ali and they work in Kuwait but travel to Bahrain for work as well and had no trouble (as far as I am aware) with getting a visa. Are you coming on a visit visa for a short period??

If you have an overtly Jewish name, you may be declined. I've heard of this happening.

suburbansam wrote:

If you have an overtly Jewish name, you may be declined. I've heard of this happening.

Surely your name does not reflect what religion you are though??

OL1 wrote:
suburbansam wrote:

you haven't been here long have you  ;)

suburbansam wrote:
OL1 wrote:
suburbansam wrote:

Lol

Enlighten me please.

OL1 is right... The name doesn't reflect anything.

hibuddy2902
we have heard of some cases but it could have been the name or the issue with the employer as well. Let your employer try to apply for a visa, if (god forbid) issues arise i am sure it can be fixed with a valid explanation given to the concerned authorities by your employer.

Good luck

T&R

galamantek wrote:

Enlighten me please.

So... let me guess.... Muhammad Ali... guess he's Hindu, right?  :)

suburbansam wrote:
galamantek wrote:

Enlighten me please.

So... let me guess.... Muhammad Ali... guess he's Hindu, right?  :)

haha actually there is muslim sunni mohamed ali and muslim shiite mohamed ali, bahraini mohamed ali and pakistani mohamed ali. and all kinda arabs mohamed ali :D

In bahrain this name would never reflect.

yes i am plan to come on visit

suburbansam wrote:
OL1 wrote:
suburbansam wrote:

Haha how can you tell? Just a few weeks. :)

galamantek wrote:

In bahrain this name would never reflect.

For given names, you may be right. But add a family name and it definitely reflects.

Ambujakshan Peethambaran Kaiyoth (that's one name:)!!!)

This guy didn't have problems cz of his name...!:) So you wont...:)

91% Bahrain are Mohammd ali , what the hell you talk about