What do you like the most in the United Arab Emirates?

Hi,

Living abroad, expats discover and enjoy a new environment.

What do you like the most in the United Arab Emirates?

What seduced you when settling and living here?

Share with us your favorite part of living in the United Arab Emirates and the reason why you enjoy your expat life here.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

speaking entirely about Dubai, i know its not brought up a lot but i love how clean it is! since the government does not allow for any refineries or big industry in the city, the air is cleaner, the water tastes better, there is no smog in the air so the sky is brighter during the day and you can actually see the stars at night. since the seas and air are clear, there are more variety of birds, there is much more different variety of sea life.

yes, it is expensive but the quality of life (not just the material items) is healthier here.

The Police, the System, the roads are very relaxing to drive, beaches, and it's Money.

Coming from far away, and being from South America, I find the culture very fascinating. because I didn't know a lot about Dubai, except the pictures you see in the internet, so I was very curios to learn and discover.

I enjoy my life as an expat here, also because I have met people from all over the world. And the city is vibrant. I still have things to discover, because I arrived here 3 months ago only.

Sun, sea, fun, fulfilment, freedom

Coming from New Zealand the culture is radically different,but we love it.Its safe for a woman,and it's so diverse you meet people from all over the world.
We have lived here for three years,and really couldn't imagine living anywhere else.
Big thumbs up from me

dont get me wrong, many people will agree with me. it sure is hella expensive to live here! but its worth it.

Honestly, 100% of the expats here love the fat salary they get . Anyone who would try to romanticize it and tell you something else like (I love the burning heat of the weather) or (I love the scorching sands) or anything similar, would only be doing that trick of keeping a rosy image of the place where you have to live for the sake of endurance, you know what I mean.
You wanna know if that's true? take the fat salary out of the picture, or the fact that it's "fat/big" and see if those guys would want to continue for 1 day more.
Like in my case, I've been cringing for freedom ever since my salary became a pile of bones, not even there.

borntobemild wrote:

dont get me wrong, many people will agree with me. it sure is hella expensive to live here! but its worth it.

it's insanely expensive. I have been trying to flee it because it's proven impossible to live here on a salary less than 10,000 quid in any situation

Peace tranquility and tolerance. This is one of the best expat posting I have had in 20 years on the road.

That's why having a salary is not the solution. Being an employee, having a job is not the solution (JOB=Just Over Broke). Solution is to be an entrepreneur, best regards, take care.

Sid

hi
iam happy for you
ihae nice friends here in abudhabi
iam living in the nice flat  al falah aeriea
welcome all

Great staying dubai as Zimbawean

Hi every one is happy here . because every one can discus his opinion freely . thanks

Dear Sir/Madam,

The most important thing I like in U.A.E is the living in peace between our brothers the local people and no difference between all who lived in the Country. I am working in U.A.E since June, 1999 and I considered myself working for my country. I did allot of Private and Governmental projects ( Villas, Buildings, Factories and Hospitals ).
My attention is to be loyal, hard worker, Honest in my work and helping others whatever nationality have. I like to work in clean environment with a qualified people and to exchange the knowledge in everything such as ( Social, Engineering issues, Travel Experiences , .....etc. )
Regards.

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

Not everyone is on a big fat salary,I think you need to come here with the mindset,to enjoy it for what it is,as it can be taken away just like that.
If your so happy being here,and don't enjoy it,I think it's time to leave,because then everything seems negative.
Life is too short,make the most of it😎😎😎😎

is that 10,000 quid a month? in which case, are you effin kidding me?! im living here with a whole family to feed with less than half of that a month!

if its 10,000 quid a year...why the heck are you even here?!

Peace  :top:

Well I have been here almost 2 years and the city is nice, safe and very well organized, but it is indeed very very expansive also.

Furthermore, I find the life here like living in a big nice jail, freedom is only an illusion, there is too much fake stuff out there and this city lacks a soul, that soul you can feel and make a place really special for you.

Good luck.

I am very much a "newbie" both to this forum and also to Dubai as I am only here a couple of weeks.

My immediate impressions are of a city that is very clean, people are respectful and polite to and of each other and coming from Ireland - the weather is definitely a bonus, it is wonderful to wake up to blue skies and sunshine every morning.

Yes it is expensive (and believe me so is Ireland) but there is probably a 20%-25% differential between the 2 countries, but I knew that before making my decision to move here based on the research I did when framing my decision.

One negative is rental costs and landlords expectations of payment in 1 or 2 cheques. If your employer is not paying or subsidising your accommodation costs (which mine isn't) then this set-up cost could be huge barrier to entry and may ultimately be the defining factor in your decision.

I am really looking forward to living in my new environment, learning a new culture, hopefully learning a new language, learning how business is conducted here as compared to Europe and also, in time, giving something back to the community that has welcomed me.

Dear All,

I have been visited UAE multiple times and found it ideal for business. Since its real 90+ nation area so we found different cultures, different aspects, different perceptions etc etc....

Overall, its worth living place by all mean.

Azfar

It's ideal for some kind of business and only if you have a lot of money to start with, because expenses are high (despite the tax free situation): office rent, fixed expanses, home rent, and so on.

It is a good place for "physical" businesses but definitively not for services..its not a place for startups for example and in general for IT companies (competition is very high and indians are able to offer IT services for very cheap prices).

Vincent Hegarty wrote:

I am very much a "newbie" both to this forum and also to Dubai as I am only here a couple of weeks.

My immediate impressions are of a city that is very clean, people are respectful and polite to and of each other and coming from Ireland - the weather is definitely a bonus, it is wonderful to wake up to blue skies and sunshine every morning.

Yes it is expensive (and believe me so is Ireland) but there is probably a 20%-25% differential between the 2 countries, but I knew that before making my decision to move here based on the research I did when framing my decision.

One negative is rental costs and landlords expectations of payment in 1 or 2 cheques. If your employer is not paying or subsidising your accommodation costs (which mine isn't) then this set-up cost could be huge barrier to entry and may ultimately be the defining factor in your decision.

I am really looking forward to living in my new environment, learning a new culture, hopefully learning a new language, learning how business is conducted here as compared to Europe and also, in time, giving something back to the community that has welcomed me.

Yes you are right on many things...rentals are crazy, minimum for a studio you will need 1200 euro / mo and not definitely in down town. Despite of tax free situation, you get a lot of expanses during the year to run your own business.

The city is nice its true but its also "fake" in my opinion, you have few restrictions that, at the end of the day, makes you feeling like in a big pretty jail. Compared to European cities it has no soul, everything is sand and cement.

Socially speaking, its very hard to "socialize" here, people are always arriving and leaving and everyone is here only for business, no one is really living here. Most of the people I know, they want to go away from here after a while (usually 1-2 years).