Hello...

Hi, I am new on here and I am currently working in Vienna for awhile. Aside from work I don't know anyone in Vienna which is a bit of a downer as eating out alone isn't great... Also I am in search of help with the language my German is bad at the best of times and now I need to get it up to speed amongst everything else... If anyone's in Vienna and can help I would be grateful...

Oh and the nickname is short for Slartibartfast... Yes I celebrate towel day... for those who don't know its from the book Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy...

Regards

Michael

Welcome to Vienna then :-) I don't think it's hard to get to know people here, also if your German is not that great yet. First District is a good place to meet others, especially in summer time or you can try to join some fancy gym like Holmes Place in 22 District, that one is next to UN buildings and a lot of expats working in UN are regulars there. 22 Distric is anzwaz very international and places like Donauinsel and Alte Dounau are full of foreigners. Good luck

Hi thanks for the reply... I am still trying to find my way around after being here about 6 weeks now... I will be starting a German course next week. Didn't know about the 22nd District being cosmoplitan shall we say... Thanks for the advice...

oh yes!! That's because of United Nations really. Most of all people who work in UN also leave nearby. I also leave there and all around me are people from all over the world and not so many Austrians. There is also Vienna International School and Japanese kindergarten quite close to UN so you can imagine that people are quite interested beeing close. From UN up to the Alte Donau you will find very nice places and all sorts of nationalities.

hello,
i am not expat in Vienna, but i been in Vienna Austria for 3weeks vacation. I like the place and the people are friendly.

You can easy get to know people there just be friendly and always ready to get a hello to everyone... thank you

Hi, I am looking for Filipinos in Vienna. A friend of mine, who works for the Philippine government, will be attending the United Nations Conference on Oct. 18 to 22, 2010. Thanks. Please send me an email (rotarytrainer(at)yahoo.com).

VesnaV wrote:

Most of all people who work in UN also leave nearby. I also leave there and all around me are people from all over the world and not so many Austrians.

I guess you ment 'live'. ;)

leave = verlassen, weggehen

live = wohnen

Hello Michael,
I'm in the same situation, I'm alone in Vienna for the past 3 months.
I just go to work come home and spend rest of the time learning German and making sport.
So I'm happy if you want to know, perhaps one day the kiosks in front of City Hall ... or else
My email address is [email protected]

i live in qatar i had visited many places before and now i have plan to visit philippines any tips that i can use ???

fadiboi131 wrote:

i live in qatar i had visited many places before and now i have plan to visit philippines any tips that i can use ???

Please post your message in the Phillipines forum.  This (inactive) topic is related to Vienna, Austria.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

sorry

got it sorry about that