How to do marriage registation in brazil embassy by myself

Hi everyone i am from India and i married to a Brazilian girl in december 2014 we registered our marriage at local marriage registrar office and got  marriage certificate . Then she went back to brazil . i did all the authentication from ministry of external affairs  of marriage certificate and other certificates required to apply for permanent residence  then i got it legalized in embassy of brazil new delhi . After that i have applied for premanet residence visa . two weeks later a person called me that i did not register my marriage at embassy thats why they can not process my request for visa and my wife has to com back to India to do registation in embassy . My wife is a teacher in Brazil and can not travel at this time . Also it will be very expensive For us . I want to know how can i register my marriage at embassy of brazil by myself or is there anyother solution for it . I would like to mention one more thing here one month ago a couple same like us got visa without registration at embassy . On embassy's official site nowhere it is mentioned that in order to get visa we have to register marriage there first . Please help me

First of all, your wife actually came to India and you were married there, am I correct? This is very important to know because if your marriage was a Proxy Marriage in India it WILL NOT be accepted by the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in New Delhi.

Under normal circumstances the Brazilian spouse must be the one to register the foreign marriage at the Consulado, however since your spouse has returned to Brazil you should contact the Consulado, explain the situation and ask if they will allow you to register the marriage instead of her.

Also remember that the law also requires that the marriage MUST also be registered here in Brazil at the 1º Oficio de Cartório de Registro Civil in the state capital where she lives within 180 days of her return to Brazil. If she's been back here all this time and has not done so you could be facing real problems in registering the marriage at all. I don't know why so many people undertake such complex processess without findling out all the requirements first. You may find that you simply cannot register your marriage and obtain permanency in Brazil because you've already done everything wrong.

That said, for more information about how to register the foreign marriage at the Consulado, see the following topic thread.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=376293

Cheers,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team

Yes sir you are right she came here and we got married here . Sir as i mention before a couple same like us indian boy and brazilan girl they did not register their marriage in embassy and that boy got visa on 24th of march 2015 . most of all there is nothing mentioned like i have to register marriage at embassy before applying for visa . Thats why we did that mistake just because of un awareness . one more thing can my wife register our marriage in brazil at her own with indian marraige certificate legalized by brazil embassy here in India ?

Yes she can, but it needs to be translated by a sworn translator (tradutor jurimentado) first. If it has been registered in the Consulado, (they legalized it) why did they not register it and issue you a Certidão de Casamento from the Consular Registry? Strange!!!

yes sir embassy has  legalized my marriage certificate .  one couple got visa like that embassy legalized  documents like marriage certificate , birth certificate , police clearance certificate , copy of the passport of that boy and then he applied visa and got it in two weeks . But in my case they want my wife to come back and register marriage . Actually here in embassy new consular join the duty and he Want this all . For " certidao de casamento" the man in embassy said my wife need to be present there and i can not get it without her presence.

Well it looks like the Consulado has decided to be difficult, so she will need to be the one to register the marriage if that's what they have decided.

Yes sir i also think so , they want to make it difficult to get visa. By the way Thanks for your valuable advises .

I think they did that to me to James. I PMed you a message.

James wrote:

Yes she can, but it needs to be translated by a sworn translator (tradutor jurimentado) first. If it has been registered in the Consulado, (they legalized it) why did they not register it and issue you a Certidão de Casamento from the Consular Registry? Strange!!!

I assuming that the Certidao de casamento and copy of the original has to be presented to the 1st Cartorio in Rio or Brasilia BEFORE I can apply for VIPER, CIE and Work Visa... correct or no...

Like I said they even checked my ID and his Passport when we were presented the certificate

Hi Phil,

Yes, because it's registration here in Brazil that gives the marriage legal force.

Cheers,
James