Samal island - how much would building a house cost - any contractors?

Hi everyone,

I am a malaysian and me and my wife who is a philipino would like to move to Davao. We miss our daughter, she is 8 years old. I recently bought 2 lots in samal mamba go area and planning to build a house there, I have 2 questions:

1. how much would it cost to build a house there.
2. Can anyone recommend a contractor?
3. Is samal island save?

Thank you guys. God bless

Been 2 years past I was there. Took the ferry and the bus to travel the island.  I had no problems there and felt safe. It would be a good place to live in my opinion if you like the beach, the spring, a quit life.  Yet close enough to Davao you can make a trip or two to town a weak.  Much better air there as well. You can take a car on the ferry as well.  It is not big city life there.  Small town markets for most and one shopping big box store.  So unless you want fancy all you need there it has.

Question#1...It depends what type of house are you planning but for $25,000.00 you could definitely build a concrete modern house with a fence.
Question#2…I know a contractor but he is doing a housing project right now in the east cost of Davao Oriental and would take a bit of a time for them to finish but will let you know once they are available.
Question#3…Samal is safe as long as you keep your doors,gate and fence closed. If I were to rate Samal to Manila from scale of 1-10 and 10 is being the safest I would say Samal is 9.0.

I have a house in Buhangin Davao City so everytime I come home for a holiday from Aus I never missed to go camping and hitting the beaches in Samal. It's a good place to live and build a house…a quite place not too busy, cheap to live and only a 25-30minute ferry ride from mambago to the city centre if you miss the City life from time to time....

Check this website homebuildersdavao.com they have good designs. I am currently in talk with them for a house design.

[Moderated : No free adverts on the forum, please register your services in our business directory ]

Thank you Ryan, I'll do that.

Ryan, do you think I could have a look at some examples of houses that power steel has built, basing on my lad area:

Land area - 220 square meters

I'm looking at maybe 3 meters of garden space at all four sides, which leaves about 208 square meters to build the house.

Hi Sir Danish12,

I am from Davao City. I can help you find a good contractor to build your house.

We also have a lot in Samal, in Playa Azalea.

[Moderated: no phone numbers on the thread please]

Thanks and best regards,

Jessie James
[Moderated: Advert in whatsoever form is not allow on the thread.]

See you in Davao City.

Hi Jessie,

Thank you for the reply and for your help, appreciate it

Regards

Okay! Looking forward to hear from you soon.
[Moderated: Advert in whatsoever form is not allow on the thread.]

danish12 wrote:

Ryan, do you think I could have a look at some examples of houses that power steel has built, basing on my lad area:

Land area - 220 square meters

I'm looking at maybe 3 meters of garden space at all four sides, which leaves about 208 square meters to build the house.

Reserving 3 meters on all four sides of your 220 sq. meter property  for garden space will leave you around 80 sq meters, not 208 sq meters, with which to build your house.

Say our lot is  approximately 15 x 15 = 225 sq meters. If you shave off 3 sq meters on each side, you'll be left with a 9 x 9, which is 81 sq meters.

I would suggest a 2-meter minimum setback on the left and right side of your property, 3.5 minimum (or more depending on your city's rules and homeowners' association rules) at the front and 4 at the back if you want a big garden. I think it could also make your house look bigger with the wider facade.

Danish,
First get your job in one of Davao's Uni's. Then look around to rent in one of the gated Condos in either close to Matina or Bajada. { a two bedroom furnished condo with cost you 20,000 to 30,000 pesos a month.Then search for a good builder by word of mouth. Remember if your going to build in Samal you will have to ship in most of your materials from Davao, added cost. The recent kidnapping was an isolated set up incident in Samal. Talk to expats that live on the island about safety.I think there are NPA groups there.I noticed some of the roads have improved but the lighting at night is poor.If your going to build you need to be there to check the progress and the materials that are being used and only pay on progess payments. Building a house can be a frustrating experience. Think about buying something already built. A house in a gated community is more expensive than one in a Baranguy.
Dinky

Hi,

what do you mean by economic house?

danish12 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am a malaysian and me and my wife who is a philipino would like to move to Davao. We miss our daughter, she is 8 years old. I recently bought 2 lots in samal mamba go area and planning to build a house there, I have 2 questions:

1. how much would it cost to build a house there.
2. Can anyone recommend a contractor?
3. Is samal island save?

Thank you guys. God bless

This link will supply you with a wealth of information about building a house in the Philippines
http://myphilippinelife.com/building-zo … n-permits/
Best of luck to you.

Thanks guys, a great help. But, recently there was this kidnapping there of some foreigners. will I get kidnapped/

Danish,
It was an isolated incident against individuals that were wealthy or working for wealthy companies. There are still expats living on Samal Island. No idea how much it would cost to built a house. You need to go to Samal and talk to people you live there to find out the cost of building materials and labor.

As for kidnapped unless in a business and out doing the locals I would think not.  I was there about 5 years ago and there were rumors even back then. The peralrfarm was very profitable. But times change.  Makes me wonder.  Property is high there or high compared to here were I live.  More to do here also than Samal island. Not near as much to do as in Davao

Best if you search your own builder my friend ask to see what work he has done before. People want to help you but be careful, do your own research not someone else's recommendations. Good luck in your search.

Hi there,

I am also from KL and have a lot in Samal Island. I also wanted to build a house there. I made some plans to build the house already. If you are interested
LMIRL.
Meaning lets meet in KL. You can WhatsApp/Viber me at (Maxis)-XXX and then the last 3 digits are XXX.

Alternatively I am in DAVAO from 19th to 26th Oct 2019.

Cheers
Rainer

Moderated by Julien 4 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please use the private message system to share your contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I. Thought about getting a lot on the island lot of expat bought them than decide not to build NPA are in Davao in all areas i know a few no problem unless you have a business, the only thing that stopped me was the ferry is a hassle sometimes a wait for hour but now maybe the bridge will be built, but than traffic

The cost of constructing a house in the Philippines currently ranges from 15,000 to 20,000 per square meter of the total floor area of the house ( excluding lighting fixtures, grills, perimeter fence w/ gate & landscape). Depending on your location, wants architectural design and size of the house and construction material

Old post...the original poster didn't go back here since 2015.