If anybody has any ideas

I bought some Bulgarian land and property about ten years ago, but when I visited I quickly abandoned my idea of coming to Bulgaria to live. It just seemed completely impractical. But I've got the mountain chalets in the Rhodope mountains and all these years I haven't known what to do with them. If anybody has any ideas I would be most grateful. I'm not terribly clever so I can't set up a business but somebody else might like to set one up in partnership with me though I have no further money to invest. If anybody wanted to use it for some charity I would be delighted. It is a small plot on the edge of a forest and was formerly used as a hunting/fishing lodge. The buildings have probably become dilapidated. I have had them (and some land) up for sale for a long time, but nobody's buying.

you can renovate the buildings and turn the property into a rural tourism villa
EU funds are available too

Hi Kristiann,
Thanks for your suggestion. Could you tell me more please?  :(  For instance what the EU funding is for, and how I find out more about it - are there links you could share, either on the topic of EU funding or the topic of rural tourism?  :unsure
Your suggestion has already prompted me to contact a US company that does 'Digital Detoxes', to see if they would like to use my property for camps, so thank you  :top:
Dominic

Is this thread still active, I have hired a company to set up my LTD, so I can purchase property of which I will use for B&B for tourists. Question is I have started the first step the second would be the visa????.I am from the USA...thanks

You don't need a visa to come to BG, they stamp you at the airport for 3mo but even if you stay longer no one really cares

I would think that with Bulgaria trying to get into schengen, they would be a lot more strict about people overstaying their visa-free stay--- not an issue when you are here, but an issue when you want to leave and return.  Plus, it is extremely difficult to switch to a d-visa once you are already in Bulgaria... I would recommend getting a d-visa before you come, unless you are just coming for a brief visit.

Hi Dominic,

Here's a useful link tothe Rural development Programme:
RDP

I suppose measure 313 will be most suitable for your ideas. Not sure about Digital Detox, but sounds interesting, probably not good to finance under this programe however.

Actually there are other opportunities too. But these ones later.

Kris

OK D visa I will look into it. I'm I n Montenegro now....

Question, is there year round tourism in Vidin???....thanks

info for the D visa:

Dvisa

Thanks. I don't qualify for a long stay???? From what I read. I am not a student, etc....am I understanding correctly

There are two types of d-visas. One is for students/professionals/researches/academics and is for an entire year. The other type is only for 6 months and is given to people who wish to settle in bulgaria longterm... that would be the one you would apply for, with the proof that you are setting up a business in bulgaria etc. Either way, when you get to bulgaria, you would exchange the visa for a yearly residence permit, which would allow you unlimited entry into Bulgaria (provided you stay in bulgaria for half of every year).

I am not certain of who qualifies for the 6month d visa, as I applied for it due to marriage, but I would think opening a business is a valid reason, too.

OK...thanks Dear

Hi, has anyone inspected the structures recently? I would be interested taking a look and can document the property with photos. I am in Plovdiv. - Lawrence

Thank for the offer. I myself am still undecided about an area to purchase in..

Thanks for the link, Kris. When I click on it up comes a page all right. However, when I click on any of the 'measures' on that page (including 313, tourist development) the page that comes up has no text under the heading... what's happening, any idea?

just checked it
probably the English version of the measure description is not uploaded in DFZ's website
you can either search the Internet for it or e-mail DFZ and ask for the file.

if neither works call me

Please email me all details, photos, what is the area of each bungalow (sqm), exact location (GPS coordinates if possible), size of land etc.

Thanks a lot,
Evangelos

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.

here's the picture :

http://smallhousebliss.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/casa-cubica-exterior1-via-smallhousebliss.jpg?w=960&h=720

:cool:

Hi expats...I'm considering houses near VT in some villages called Elena, yasrebimo....can I get some expert opinion if these are good areas for tourism...thanks

I do not understand construction of this type it does not look too homely more like a annex or office type building to a showhouse? (I do not see it as a bungalow? But I can appreciate it would suit a certain market, no rustic charm though)
Is it a type of flat pack design, it looks a bit like a pack of cards! I am sure it looks sturdier than it's appearance suggests, as there are ladders to the roof area?
It is still interesting to see though, what surface area layout is this one, living room, bedroom,kitchen, bathroom?
Regards Steve.

I am the exact opposite from you I guess. My first opinion of that type of bungalow is that I would love to have one or get away to one for the weekend... but then, I love modern design. (Also love traditional bulgarian arch... it is all the in between stuff of the 80's and 90's I don't like)

Yeah all down to personal opinion Kojidae, its like I like old classic cars rather than new ones, the quirkier the better.
I am curious to see how the internal layout of this bungalow looks. ( mini big brother house  :unsure )
Regards Steve.

You will be dismayed stepool. Take a look:

top:

http://media.treehugger.com/assets/images/2014/05/cubica-roof.jpg.650x0_q70_crop-smart.jpg

front:

http://media.treehugger.com/assets/images/2014/05/cubica-living.jpg.650x0_q70_crop-smart.jpg

Interior:

http://media.treehugger.com/assets/images/2014/05/cubica-table.jpg.650x0_q70_crop-smart.jpg

design:

http://media.treehugger.com/assets/images/2014/05/cubica-plan.jpg.650x0_q70_crop-smart.jpg

ready:

http://media.treehugger.com/assets/images/2014/05/766507ea-d567-4ffa-a094-2f7883bd2f74.1.jpg.650x0_q70_crop-smart.jpg

I take it back it's alright proper smart.
Pick a plot, set it up, sorted!  :top:
(thank's for the extra pic's)
Regards Steve.

Hey ,a good idea ,buy a few shipping containers and you could join a few together and have a grand size of home ,seen this done on TV last week ,looked very modern and fairy reasonable to do

Maybe i am interested. Can you send me some contacts or lokation of the land and property here in Bulgaria. xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Carver,
Just to let you know I sent the details you asked for to your email address yesterday, before it was deleted by moderation.
Best wishes,
Dominic
:sleep

I am always looking for land for sale get in touch.

Regards

Kosarka

Hi Kosarka,
This is the land:
3 Plots of land I.D. 16580 http://www.buypropertyanywhere.com/bulg … -16580.php 16,000 Euros
Please let me know what you think.
Dominic

P.S. I have not sent you a link to the mountain property because you enquired about land

Wow!   that seems expensive land.  The website has no head office just a UK phone number.
I wonder how low the water in the reservoirs goes in the summer time?

Good luck with trying to sell that land at £6.63m2 that's for farming land or is it regulated?