Invitation letter

hi i am from india,we are 4 memebers traveling to ecuador on ocotober, booked air tickets
i didnt get invitation letter from ecuador, its need for our smooth trip, anybody will help to get inviation letter and after arrival we need pr in ecuador, we are coming by onarrival visa,i knows english only

bijoy

keni.shon wrote:

hi i am from india....i didnt get invitation letter from ecuador, its need for our smooth trip, anybody will help to get inviation letter and after arrival we need pr in ecuador, we are coming by onarrival visa....

As Indian nationals, you should be able to get the "onarrival visa" -- actually a T-3 tourist stamp good for 90 days -- at either the Quito or Guayaquil airport.

There's normally no need for an invitation letter.  From whom or what agency do you think one would get such a letter?  And what makes you think you need it?

Also, after arrival, you'll need "pr."  I'm guessing you don't mean public relations.  What are you referring to?

cccmedia in Quito

hi, i need invitation letter and travel plan, i want show in  new delhi airport(india) for immigration clearance,

after enter in ecuador we want apply permanent residents

bijoy.

keni.shon wrote:

hi, i need invitation letter and travel plan, i want show in  new delhi airport(india) for immigration clearance,

bijoy.

Searching the internet, I have not been able to find any requirement on the part of Ecuador for a Letter of Invitation for citizens of India, for tourism purposes or any kind of visa.

Perhaps you are looking for something that does not exist?

In fact Ecuador has a visa-free agreement with India for short term visitation purposes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requ … n_citizens

I have noticed over time here, that 'English' speaking people from India and that area of Asia have a very poor understanding of international visa and immigration requirements, and may operate off of hearsay rather than actual facts.

Again, I can find no substantiation that a citizen from India would require a Letter of Invitation from Ecuador for any reason whatsoever.

keni.shon wrote:

in ecuador we want apply permanent residents
bijoy.

Typically, an applicant for Ecuador permanent-residency-visa status is required to fulfill one of the following requirements...

-- An investment, usually a bank CD, of $25,000 or more ...

-- A pension -- or reliable pension-type income -- of $800 per month plus $100 per month for each dependent ...

-- A degree from a university on the EC-approved list (professional visa).  See the "Professional visa and list of universities" thread to verify your diploma(s).  It's reachable via the searchbox function atop this page, and has a bar at the bottom of the list for enlargement of the list.  If Ecuador has a Spanish-language exam in your professional area of specialization, you would be required to pass such test in order to work in that field.

Can you and your séquito qualify for any of the above?

cccmedia in Quito

keni.shon wrote:

bijoy.

According to this page:

http://www.immihelp.com/nri/ecnr-emmigr … stamp.html

...you do NOT need any immigration clearance to leave India, because Ecuador is NOT on the list of countries for which India requires it, regardless of whether your passport is ECR or ECNR.  Further,  this requirement is only if you are seeking work in the target country. 

If you plan to work in Ecuador, I don't think that's feasible unless you already have a job lined up with an employer in Ecuador - and in that case you should ask for help from the prospective employer to clear all the Ecuadorian visa and bureaucratic hurdles necessary to allow foreigners to work there.

As cccmedia said you should be able to receive a tourist visa upon entry.

If you plan residency in Ecuador you must meet the requirements that cccmedia outlined.

And just a caution:  If you are not conversant in Spanish, you will have a difficult time in Ecuador as only a small percentage of the population knows and understands more than a few words of English.  Without knowing Spanish you will be relying only on the kindness of strangers, and while there are many admirable and honest Ecuadorians, the chances are good those won't be the ones you meet up with.

hi , we are all gradute, after arrival we are eligible for pr or workpermit in ecuador?
pls ref me any  english speaking lawyers....

bijoy.

keni.shon wrote:

hi , we are all gradute, after arrival we are eligible for pr or workpermit in ecuador?
pls ref me any  english speaking lawyers....

bijoy.

It is not a given that you will be able to work in Ecuador, nor that you will be eligible for 'pr' - perhaps you should explain what that is - if you mean 'permanent residency' I suggest you look at the Ecuador Cancillería pages, whose visa page is found at:

http://www.cancilleria.gob.ec/requisito … migrantes/

For starters and until others chime in, I suggest you go here to find a lawyer and investigate visa possibilities:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=519

...and put in the search box at the top, first 'lawyer' and then search for 'professional 9v'.  You will get a number of hits for lawyers, and you can see if your university is on Ecuador's list of accepted institutions to grant a 9-V visa.  Even if it is not on the list you can still apply for the Professional 9-V visa, you are just not automatically qualified.

However the process to come and live in Ecuador as a permanent resident and work there is liable to be long and difficult and far beyond the scope of any answers you get here to adequately guide you.  And especially so if you do not read, write and speak Spanish!  So by all means contact a good immigration lawyer.

thank you

Hi, cccmedia, Do we need to update the status at immigration office every year for above visa?
Some said yes, for 9-II, after renew the CD, need to send new documents to the office, including copy of visa, movimient, etc. but, for 9-I, 9-V, 9-VI, need do this process every year, too? Thanks.

As an investment-visa holder, my visa is good indefinitely so long as I meet the required days to remain in Ecuador.  I am in my second year as a residency visa holder, so I need to stay inside the country all but 90 days during this second 12-month period. 

If I exceed the limit, the EC government will know about it when my passport is checked at the airport or a border.  I am not required to make an annual report in order to retain the visa.

But netbean's situation is slightly different from mine, as my visa is based on my investment in my Quito condo, which is not changing year to year.

There could be a requirement to report a change in your CD investment.  Check with your attorney, or mine -- Sebastian Cordero in Quito, scordero(at)gcabogados.com

As of this week, I am entering the 10th and final year of validity of my U.S. passport.  When I get the new passport in a few months, I will need to transfer my residency visa into the new passport. 

I have not yet learned the procedure for this step.  However, I will report on it here on the forum as I go through that process.

FYI, to retain visa-rights, residency visa holders of two-plus-years standing must remain inside Ecuador all but 18 months (total) in any five-year period. 

18 months is an average of roughly three-and-a-half months per year, but the 18 months may be taken consecutively in one break so long as that's the only absence in the five years. 

Resident Expats who wish to be outside Ecuador for long periods may consider applying for citizenship.  That status would allow them to (a) travel without time restriction outside the country, and (b) cash out any investment which may have been required for the residency visa to be granted.

cccmedia in Quito

a link about this:
http://www.cancilleria.gob.ec/renovacion-de-poliza/

Hi am Darlington j Jacobs from Liberia do I need invitation letter before traveling to Ecaudor cause am planning on coming to Eca