Procedure and time taken for VISA reissue

Dear friends
I got an offer by Ministry of higher education oman for teaching position. It takes about 3 months for security clearance and visa. During the process i was applied for correction in my pasport i.e. including my wife name. A new passport issued for me. Meanwhile i got my visa with old passport no. When i discuss the  situation with my employer he processed for reissue a new visa. Since last 15 days i am waiting for new visa and already resigned from job. Please inform what exactly the process of re issueing the visa and how long it takes.
Thanks and with best regards

Dear Zafarm,
Don't worry. Your visa is processed by MoHE so it will be finished in another one week. Meantime you make your self ready to fly, once received visa, you give convenient date they will book ticket and send. Be cool...
Welcome to Oman.

Thanks Dear for your kind reply. :)

Hi,
It's about a month when I got my labour clearance .According to my hospital admin they have  Applied for visa on same day but couldn't get visa by now.What is max time usually taken for visa or is there any wrong. Thanks in advance

dr areeb wrote:

Hi,
It's about a month when I got my labour clearance .According to my hospital admin they have  Applied for visa on same day but couldn't get visa by now.What is max time usually taken for visa or is there any wrong. Thanks in advance

Hi dr areeb,

These are queries to which no sane person can respond with any certainty.

The usual time is about a week to 10-working days maximum, of getting the labour clearance from the Ministry of Manpower.

If it is taking longer than that, then it could be most likely because of someone's oversight, carelessness, et al.

It should not happen. But in Oman, anything can, and may happen.

Keep your chin up and hope for the best.

Thanks a lot sir, u r most expert man and readily  reply on this forum.thanks again