Schools and live in Hamilton

Hello everyone. We are planning to go with my family to study and work in Hamilton. With a postgraduate diploma level 8 I can study, my husband can work and my 10 years old boy can study. Only we have to pay for a childcare or play group for my 3 years old boy

But I'm so afraid about the life there. Is good for the children? There are good schools there? How can I know which school is better than others? Is there possibilities to get casual or professional jobs?

Thank you a lot in advance!! And if there is somebody that live there and want to be my friend, it would really help...we are going to be alone  :)

Juliana

Generally Hamilton is a safe place to raise children. Most of the schools here provide a decent education. They have a decile rating for schools here, but it is mostly to indicate the type of area the school is in (poor vs well off). They don't really rank the schools by how well the education is.

http://www.school.nz/area/hamilton-city

My experience for finding work is that it is not as easy as finding work in Auckland. It would depend on your profession/experience, but I feel jobs are limited in Hamilton for immigrants.

If you need more information there is a migrant center in Hamilton that is very helpful for immigrants in the area.

http://www.wmrc.org.nz/

Thank you :) I didn't know that page!

I  don't live at Hamilton but l visit Hamilton most of my time. NZ is a nice country to rise children. I  have been in NZ for nearly 20 years now  .All schools here are good schools unless you are rich you can take them to a private school or they can do home schooling. Have you done your NZQA  or not. Which country are you coming from ?

Thank you! Is a private school much better than publics? a shoolarship is possible for good students? I'm latin american...

My son goes to a govt school and doing very well, A education here is good. If the kid is not doing well the do one on one with teacher so l don't see the difference of taking her to a private school,  This your child you do want you think is right

ok, thank you! I'm calm now about the academic topic, but there's problems with drugs and bullying in schools?

My son is black but none have ever bully him . I  just hear from news that it happened at west Auckland or South  .l never had it from Hamilton  side  .Just put everything to God  he will protect your family nothing will happen to them

Thank you :) you can be sure I will! We're doing everything for them

No problem. When you get here be in touch with me

Ok, thanks  :top: