Renting a house

Hi,  I am wanting to rent a 1/2 bed house in Pattaya,  I have been there many times on holiday, but only stayed in hotels along beach road. Can someone advise me where to look for a house, I do not want to be too far from the centre of Pattaya. Thanks

Hey you can check out Chokchai Village 7 in Soi Khaonoi, Nongprue. There are houses with 2 bed n bath with swimming pool within the society.

Thank you for your reply, will have a look there.

Short term rental can be quite expensive as it is like holidays rental, you can find them on many websites, just google "short term rental in pattaya" and many websites will come through like airbnb, ... and others etc ...

Sorry forgot to say, I am planning to rent long term,  early retirement,  reason Iam looking for a house, is I have a little dog, who I will be bringing with us, Thanks

jesterjeffs wrote:

Sorry forgot to say, I am planning to rent long term,  early retirement,  reason Iam looking for a house, is I have a little dog, who I will be bringing with us, Thanks

In this case, for longterm contract ( 6/12 months ), go directly to general websites like : DDproperty, asiasold, dotproperty, estatesalliance, craiglist, ...etc.... there are so many.... others can be just in Thai like thaihometown, etc... but you can translate through google..

My advice is to avoid estate agency website, often not maintained, old ads still published, and whichever estate agency they do not have sole agency contract with the owner.

In Thailand everybody advertise the same house, sometimes you can even see the same photos provided by the owner, etc....

The only objective is to spread the world on internet, competition between all the agents in order to find a tenant very quickly, in the shortest timingm they will post everywhere in the net, sometimes in Thai / sometimes in English

The others possibilities is to drive around during 1 week, go inside some moobans even with security guard, take phone number you see on the gate of the house, better to ask a Thai friend to call to get more informations, plan a viewing and then negociate for you... at the end this Thai friend will be happy as he/she can get commission, for finding a tenant, commission is paid by owner not by you...

Thank you for you for your reply

Hi
I would advise to come on a normal Visa free entry for 30 days.Book into a hotel or good guest house and then drive around Pattaya looking at houses to rent.
This is the easiest and safest way not to lose any money or be ripped off in renting in the ' wrong" area.
Find a reputable agency or do it yourself with a honest Thai assisting you and yes there are many,not all want to rip you off
Barry

Thank you for your reply

where are you coming? and is it you and the dog? or more? Like the one said look at the web sites for a good agency. look at all the ones given and then mail them. set a date. but it is best to stay in a hotel for 2-3weeks while looking. plus I think your dog will have to stay in "Q" for 3-4weeks. so you wont have your pet with you.

barrytaylor wrote:

Hi
I would advise to come on a normal Visa free entry for 30 days.Book into a hotel or good guest house and then drive around Pattaya looking at houses to rent.
This is the easiest and safest way not to lose any money or be ripped off in renting in the ' wrong" area.
Find a reputable agency or do it yourself with a honest Thai assisting you and yes there are many,not all want to rip you off
Barry

Thde above is good advice. Get a Thai to write down for you ""For Rent" as often signs are only in Thai and teach yourself to recognise it.

West of Sukhumvit Highway there will be many condos to rent but not so many houses.
If you are prepared to consider living on the dark side (i.e. East of the highway)  you will have waaaaay more choice AND it will be cheaper, but you will need your own transport. If you haven't been over there, rent a car/bike/driver and go and have a look. You may be pleasantly surprised. Its much more peaceful than never sleep down town Pattaya.

Thanks for reply.