Any useful information about expatriating to Dublin

Hello!!
I'm interested to find a job in Ireland; prefer Dublin because is the capital and largest city of Ireland; in the field of catering, trade and administration at the hospital or something similar to these jobs.
I lived and worked for several years in Germany, after which I returned to Croatia and then went to Australia and lived there for several years.
Now I have a wish to find some permanent job in Ireland and stay there.
Have no husband, no kids and would be very glad to meet someone who can help me with any info about that which is the best way for a foreigner to find a small apartment and that the costs are minimal. So; any useful information is welcome. As I stated in my profile speak and write two languages ie. German and English ..

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Kind regards.

TaniaCro

Hello there TaniaCro,

Welcome on board  :)

I created a new thread  from your post on the Dublin forum so that you may get some feedback.

There are lots of resources on the website which might help you.

You may start by reading the Living in Ireland Guide, specially articles related to Dublin.

- Find a job in Ireland from abroad

- Work in Dublin

- Accommodation in Dublin

All the best,
Bhavna

since you are a croatian, i suggest facebook page: idemo u irsku, you have lots of croats there and plenty of valuable advices
other than that I can't help you :)

TANIACRO wrote:

Hello!!
I'm interested to find a job in Ireland; prefer Dublin because is the capital and largest city of Ireland; in the field of catering, trade and administration at the hospital or something similar to these jobs.
I lived and worked for several years in Germany, after which I returned to Croatia and then went to Australia and lived there for several years.
Now I have a wish to find some permanent job in Ireland and stay there.
Have no husband, no kids and would be very glad to meet someone who can help me with any info about that which is the best way for a foreigner to find a small apartment and that the costs are minimal. So; any useful information is welcome. As I stated in my profile speak and write two languages ie. German and English ..

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Kind regards.

TaniaCro

Hi Tania

I had lived in West Ireland for over 2 years as an expat, originally from Canada and now settled back in Canada.

Finding a job in Dublin should be fairly easy given the recent boom in the economy there.  The service industry is quite big there, but the jobs that are really increasing lies with technology. 

I would not suggest going out to live in Ireland and expect to meet up with an Irish person to show you around.  The Irish people are generally friendly and helpful, but they do like to keep to themselves and hence making friends with local irish people will not come easy. 

Best way is to meet up with an expat currently living in Ireland, and join some kind of expat group , where you can find support to settle into the area.  Link up with an expat and would even go as far as find an apartment to share with an expat, that way you can slowly learn about life in ireland and settle into it slowly. 

Things in ireland are not the most advanced and efficient, especially government operated stuff.  And work visa in Ireland is really expensive, 300 euros a year.  Medical coverage is also very expensive.  Things to consider.

God bless on your adventure that you are seeking in ireland.