Present Job Resignation

Hello Expats,
  I got offer on December from reputed organisation in muscat, i had been waiting from past 3 months for visa, till now they managed saying that 'VISA UNDER PROCESS"  and now HR called me and told to submit resignation letter to present company immediately, should i believe them and submit my resignation??

Also presently there is a war in Oman's neighbor country (Yemen) is there any problem for Oman ?.

Please clarify the above questions..

Thanks & Regards
Krishna

Have you got a Contract?   Things take a  long time in Oman and probably not worth the offer nowadays.

Darling for a tourist visa i was waitting a month . Its a little different with UAE cause we can get visa for UAE in 2 days . I think it takes time !!!

muddukrishna4u wrote:

Hello Expats,
  I got offer on December from reputed organisation in muscat, i had been waiting from past 3 months for visa, till now they managed saying that 'VISA UNDER PROCESS"  and now HR called me and told to submit resignation letter to present company immediately, should i believe them and submit my resignation??

Also presently there is a war in Oman's neighbor country (Yemen) is there any problem for Oman ?.

Please clarify the above questions..

Thanks & Regards
Krishna

Hi muddukrishna4u,

Until and unless you physically see an employment visa issued in your name and matching with your passport number, [b]do not resign from your present job.
[/b]
If you care enough about your future, then take the effort to read through the forum on the state of affairs of labour clearance / employment visa delays and how adversely it has affected the lives of so many who are waiting to take up their new and promised positions in various and different companies across the Sultanate.

im doctor hayat khan im new in oman i want to         know abt the prometric exam . aney body explain to me promatric about examination?plz send me aney sugision

Hi Bargostovan

Dear Young Lady, you are too pretty for me to handle; that said, I'll still try to have a go.

During my university days in London, I made many Iranian friends and found them extremely friendly; better still, always willing to help others - friend or no friend.

I've a plan to visit Muscat kind of soon and to explore what's Oman got for me to achieve therefrom and to contribute to the nation. So I had done some research and got reasonably fare amount of helpful idea about the country. What I summarised that, if you can at all manage to make a visit (preferably lengthy) in Oman, you have the best chance of discovering your prospects there - every fruit is not for every eater - as we say in England. About a tourist visa, I get the impression from your blog that you can get it for UAE practically fast; well, I uncovered that if you hold a UAE tourist visa then you are automatically entitled to visit Oman for a certain period or vice versa. Do make some more searches in various Googles and ask others in the forum, you should be able to get adequate facts to  overcome the Oman visa difficulties. What I also gathered that the Omanisation authorities are by nature highly prudent with non-Omanis when it comes to visa issuance.

Do give it a try and you will be suceessful eventually; like our Richard Branson says - the self made billionaire businessman and the richest man in the UK - aim high and try then you will be at least half-way there if not beyond your initial aim.

Looking forward to meeting you one day in Muscat, by which time I believe, you will be substantially more confident and composed compared to today.

Best wishes - Kib

Hello Sumitran,

I came to Muscat on september30th of this month. Unfortunately, the work assigned to me is not mine.there is no job satisfaction for me. I got my resident card yesterday. Can i resign my job?does my company agrees for that?

Regards
Vinodh

tiruttani.vinodh wrote:

Hello Sumitran,

I came to Muscat on september30th of this month. Unfortunately, the work assigned to me is not mine.there is no job satisfaction for me. I got my resident card yesterday. Can i resign my job?does my company agrees for that?

Regards
Vinodh

Hi tiruttani.vinodh,

I am sorry to hear that.

Resigning is not going to be an easy option, since you have just come.

The company would have invested a certain amount of money in hiring you. And they will of course demand a refund. For the company it is not just the monetary loss, but more importantly the time that they would have invested in identifying you as a suitable candidate for the job. Where the mismatch happened is something you need to ponder about.

Now the company would have to spend an equal amount of time in identifying a suitable replacement for your position, in case you do decide to return.

Also, you would stand the risk of not being able to return for a minimum period of 2 years as your company would most certainly deny giving you an NOC, to facilitate your return.

Try to settle the issues amicably and see if you can sort things out, before you decide to thrown in your towel.

Hi Till getting Visa In your hand don't resign from your job. Its just a advice.

Nitish