Moving to Vung Tau, any advice on good restaurants and bars

Hi there,
Newbie on the block... Moving to Vung Tau, Vietnam, never been before!... Any advice on best places to hang out, things to do etc.

Hi,

Welcome to Vung tau my friend. I'm one of a local guy, I can  help you out.

Talk to you later.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links / groups / websites not allowed. Please help here itself on the forum

Hi,

How are you? Are you still in Vung Tau?

Regards,
Lily

I was just dusting off my account to come do the same thing. Just moved here and have found amazing places already. I love going to the dog races Saturday night and betting on the dogs. Eating out and drinking is a fav of mine. The obvious Ha Long road has some cool places. Lucy's is a tad bit pricey but the quality is great, and you really do get what you pay for from food, to service, to view. You can go up the back road towards the lighthouse and find an amazing coffee shop with a great view. The cable car take you to a small theme park but if you drive up you will come across tons of monkeys you can feed on the side of the road. Thong Nhat road which you can turn onto from Le Hong Phong has tons of places to eat and drink. Two good sushi bars. Tokyo sushi has the reviews but I think Sushi lounge is better in every way(I think its just newer). For breakfast there you must look up Bistro 9 for the best eggs benedict ever.. however all their food is good. A couple of cool Russian owned beach bars open late on Thuy Van.. 2 tourist attractions at the roundabout near the big lottemart I have been telling myself I will check out but have missed. Hope this helps! If you found anything I missed please let me know. I just moved back a month ago although it is my second time living here. -Zoli

Hi. If you want good food there's a simple rule. If the place is full of locals the food is great and dirt cheap, if a place is empty avoid it. If you want western style food David's Italian on the seafront near the ferry and Bistro 9 French behind the Rex hotel are both excellent if a little more expensive. There are nearly 90 bars in VT, most are full of hostesses and drinks are relatively pricey especially if you start buying drinks for the girls. There are a few good bars that are more reasonable but I won't name them, I'll leave that up to you to find out otherwise what fun would it be? Enjoy your time here.

Davids pizza is a on the pricey side but never has "you get what you pay for" been so suitable. One of the best Italian restaurants I have ever been to. And not just in Vietnam but anywhere. Amazing pasta and great pizza. Atmosphere and restaurant decor also a perfect 10. I actually just left bistro 9 an hour ago. Eggs Benedict to die for.