S Pass rejected, chance for EP?

I got a job in SG, but it was my previous company. I worked there for 1 year in its branch outside of SG, before I moved to current company (I have been working here for 2 years and 6 months) -> I believe this affects much/less my work pass application.

I got an offer for $4k and a few benefits that isn't much, then HRD applied for my work pass. She chose both "S" and EP option. 2 days later, she got an email from the authority that my application for S Pass is rejected and she said that it is because I do not suit for an S Pass, while the authority doesn't say anything for EP.

This morning, the HRD have appealed for me. What does actually "I do not suit for an S Pass" mean? Since the authority doesn't say anything for EP, is there any chance that I can get it? I haven't asked what the change/additional things that HRD gave to authority for the appeal.

Hope someone can give me some insight.

Note:
For application, I have given to HRD my training certificates, recommendation letter from my dean and reference letter from company (a Canada based company) that I worked for my thesis to be attached.

As far as I know, you cannot apply for S-Pass and EP at the same time.
Maybe the company applied for EP and checked the option "consider for S-Pass if ineligible for EP"?
In that case, an S-Pass is only considered (and can be rejected) if the EP application is already rejected.

EP is for university degree holders, S-Pass for those with only technical certificates.
It isn't clear from you post what you are and how much work experience you have. S$4000/month isn't much and that might be the reason they rejected you.

Beppi as you have correctly mentioned that S pass is for diploma / technical and
EP  is for degree and post degree holders .

Thrain mentioned that he was offered 4 k.
Correct me if I am wrong
then the employer should have applied for EP right .
The rule is 3300 SGD right and above .?
Regards

rajrana1981 wrote:

Beppi as you have correctly mentioned that S pass is for diploma / technical and
EP  is for degree and post degree holders .

Thrain mentioned that he was offered 4 k.
Correct me if I am wrong
then the employer should have applied for EP right .
The rule is 3300 SGD right and above .?
Regards

Unfortunately it's more complicated than this. The general rule is by education (degree->EP, cert->S-Pass), but there are sometimes exceptions, and the salary also plays a role.
There are S-Pass-holders above S$5000/month and also some with degree, although both is rare. And EP can be gotten from S$3300/month onwards, but that also is rare (usually you need >3 years of experience and a minimum of S$4000-4500/month).

It is complicated .

I guess that's why his employer applied for both s pass and EP pass .

I think theMOM should clear cut mention the rules .
With regards to education  diploma technical certificates degree and post degree holders .

And salary bracket .
Sole discretion of the MOM I guess .

Regards

just to add: In Universities, most research officers (Degree and masters holders) are employed on SP only.