Got my green card approved, advice on places to stay + cost of living

Hi All !

I am Neville from India. I am an Mech Engineer planning to move to Denmark in April Mid

Got my Green Card Approved just last week.

I am learning Danish through various apps on mobile. I know a few words now.

If u guys living there have suggestions for me regarding living expenses, affordable place to stay, job opportunities please let me know.

Thank You.

Hello Neville and welcome to Expat.com

A new thread has been created as from your post on the Denmark Forum so as to help you get better response.

Do you already know in which part of denmark you will be relocating?

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi,
could you please let me know hw long it will take to complete ur application process.

Congratulations! I am also going to be applying for a green card since I have 100 points now. Do you mind sharing what apps are using to learn Danish?  I know it's a little off topic from your original post but I was just curious what good apps you have found since I am also trying to learn the language.

I too got my green card approved and I am planning to move to Denmark in May 2015.

I have started learning Danish using these android apps - Duolingo and Babbel.

Hell Neville,

I am planning to move to Denmark too in the month of May 2015. I live in Pune.

Regards,
Jay

Hi,
could you please let me know hw long it will take to complete ur application process.

It had taken me a total of about 2 and a half months for the application to be processed. I had applied in oct 2014 and got the visa stamped in Dec 2014.

broooo can u tell ur timeline .when u applied and when u got ur approval nd visa....plz kindly share ur contact number plz

broooo kindly share ur number plz ...i want to get knowleldge from u ???kindly tell me ur timeline plz

Hello,

I had applied on 8th October 2014 and got the visa on 25th Dec 2014.
You may reach me on [moderated:no phone numbers on the forum please].

Regards,
Jay

hi
jay i appiled a green card sep29 2014 my staus in the vfs website

Your Passport Status
VFS Visa application reference number.DECE/290914/0004/01 will be forwarded to Embassy of Denmark Embassy, next working day in morning , New Delhi for further processing

still how long it will take..

from chennai

Hi
Same here, I applied May 2014, But no update from long time, So please any one help me about time frame for GC scheme.
Thanks

Wow. I wonder

hi ,

im new member here and I have been reading your posts so would you tell about your experience till now in Denmark ? how did you find life there so far ? cost of living , finding jobs , accommodation , etc ...

best wishes .

I have started learning Danish using these android apps - Duolingo and Babbel.

Hi Neville,

Congs. on getting GC. Can I ask what was your score in IELTS? Also how old bankstatement did you use I mean one month old or two weeks old?

Kind Regards

Ijazfaridi

Hi I'm from India My green card approved last week I'm planning to move to Denmark in December can anyone help me in getting accommodation and cpr.

hi
i am planning to come to denmark on march 7 2016, on  a green card.  since you are already in denmark, i would like to know how you feel in denmark. i am also interested in making friends.
i am looking out for an accomodation with a cpr, can you please help me with this i am looking out for a sharing accomodation.
i am 29 years old and a software enginner by profession.  applyinjg   for jobs also in denmark.
i am from mumbai.
hoping to hear from you.

regards
rohit roger dcosta

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

HI All,

I am Chetan Teli from Bangalore. I got my GC on jan 4th 2016. I am planning to move to Denmark soon in seeking a job in SAP technology. I would like to make a friend of similar    planning and also I need a help to find a place to live and to get a job.

Kind regards,
Chetan Teli

I am also same condition my gc approved on7 jan 2016. When u going to plan

Hi,

May be in March. What about you?

Br,
Chetan

I also in end feb or first weekweek of narch

Try this site:
http://dk.jobrapido.com/?w=sap

can you share your contact details...I live in copenhagen
XXX

Jeeva

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : for your own security, please exchange your details in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Jeeva,

It would be best to introduce yourself first.
Also, per FORUM policy, please avoid posting personal details.

Z

jeevak1979 wrote:

my name is rohit dcosta, i am 29 years old from mumbai.  i am a software engineer.  i will be arriving in copenhagen on 7th march 2016.

i am looking out for an accomodation with cpr.  kindly let me know if i can get an accomodation which as kitchen facility.  also looking out for a job.

regards
rohit

Hello Chetan,

Congrats on getting your Denmark Green Card.

I am a Kannadiga-from Bangalore, I too planning to move to Denmark Soon. Already applied for Green Card.

Further, I am a SAP MM Functional Consultant. I guess we both are in same field.

Please reach out to me so that we could discuss in detail.

Send me a personal message and i will revert you my contact num.

Thanks in Advance.

did you find accommodation already? if not let me know..I could give some suggestion..pls share your contact details..
byee
Jeeva

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Please find below my contact details.

Kind regards,
Chetan

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

hi jeevak

have still not got an accomoDATION if you have any kindly let me know. my email is *

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : For your security, please send your contact details through your private message system.

Hello Rohit
I went through above conversation regarding CPR .
BUT i hv heard heard that those who are getting green card they dont need Cpr number as they are just like citizens and only those who coming on permit just they need cpr
Its bit confusing please can u confirm that
Does green card holder need cpr ?

I don't know that I will have to enquire with the citizen center if cpr is necessary for green card holders and if u can find out kindly let me know

Regards

Yes Cpr is necessary even if we have resident permit

Yes, we need CPR. If u do not have CPR registered accommodation while going to apply our first CPR process in International house then they will reject you. They just request us to show atleast 2 to 3 month accommodation rent bill or landlord agreement letter.

If you are not able to get CPR accommodation proof within some time frame then you are staying here illegally. It will create legal issue.

Thanks krithu for your message,  I am trying hard to search an accomodation have paid money to some sites also,worried getting no proper responses.  I'm praying to get some accomodation with cpr.

If you come across any sharing room kindly let me know I will be very grateful.

Regards
Rohit

here 99% scam . SO dont give any advance or online transfer until you see the flat.  as per my knowledge  rooms-dk.dk is good to stay first 2 month for your CPR, bank  and resident ID process initiation. they will ask 4500 dkk per month including CPR. if friend of my husband show you to them the price will be 4000dkk. there is no other option for new movers.

note : we never get benefit from that owner. we just show you the way thats all.

Hi Krithu & Rohit'D Costa,

The Place called "Rooms-Dk.dk" / "Rent a Room Copenhagen" is a very conjusted place and very expensive too.

One Single room shall be shared by four people and each guy needs to pay 4500DKK Per month. No Attached toilet.

The hostel owner(Landlord) will not issue u a CPR unless you pay three months rent as a deposit i.e. 4500 DKK * 3 = DKK 13,500

I can even share the photographs of the rooms condition there and i personally dint like it & will not recommend, also have a look on Trip Advisor about the reviews on this.

Please think over before you move to this hostel. (Rooms-DK or Rent a Room Copenhagen).

Hi jeevak

Have still not found any,  trying my best.  If u know of any kindly share it with me

Regards

Rohit