Visa complications!

Hi,
I m a Tunisian girl. 27 years old.
I got a job offer as a media coordinator with salary package 8000 Qr. I signed the job offer and sent it from 16 september 2015 . still waiting for visa , today they sent me an email telling that few complications r there regarding visa issues and they r trying to sort out it... I m worried if visa is banned for tunisians like dubai visas are...do u have any idea? And what abt the salary, is it fine?
Thanks alots and looking forward to hear from u.

Hi,

I honestly didn't hear any banning on the Tunisian visas, I can ask for you though. Regarding the salary, is the accommodation included? Qatar is relatively very expensive country, especially the accommodation.

If you ate single , an 8000 riyals i prefect . If you are married , then it will be tough a little bit because the most two things that takes a lot of money are the school tuition fees following other expenses such as uniform fees , books etc . The second is when you want to rent a house . Renting became very high the recent years . If you need any help don't hesitate to contact me .

Yours sincerely,

Basil Saleh

Thanks Moha_86 for replying and no , the accommodation is not included . I tried to negotiate the salary with them but they refused saying I DONT have experience and they will increase it later if I performed well.

@bmams141, I m single and I will try to manage sharing accommodation. Thanks for your reply and help suggestion.

Hello mehrin1988,

Is there any possibility that this so-called job offer is just a job scam?

You say "they" sent you an e-mail telling you there were complications with the visa. Just who are "THEY"? Are you dealing directly with the employer? Are you dealing with some kind of agent? Is this a job that you actually have applied for directly with an employer or something that came to you through some agent and e-mail?

If you're dealing with an agent then you should contact the employer directly and find out if this job even exists. If necessary Google the employer's name and if they have a website chances are very good that they'll have a "Contact Us" link on the site, where you can confirm whether or not this is a real job offer or scam.

If it came to you by way of e-mail and the message was not sent from the same domain name as the real company, that's a pretty good clue that you're being scammed. (example:  company domain = xyzcorporation / message should be from something like john.doe@xyzcorporation)

DO NOT SIMPLY TAKE THE WORD OF ANY AGENT ABOUT VISAS, ESPECIALLY IF THEY AS YOU TO PAY ANY FEES.

Generally, most legitimate agents get their payments from the employer and not from the prospective employee.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

James wrote:

Hello mehrin1988,

Is there any possibility that this so-called job offer is just a job scam?

You say "they" sent you an e-mail telling you there were complications with the visa. Just who are "THEY"? Are you dealing directly with the employer? Are you dealing with some kind of agent? Is this a job that you actually have applied for directly with an employer or something that came to you through some agent and e-mail?

If you're dealing with an agent then you should contact the employer directly and find out if this job even exists. If necessary Google the employer's name and if they have a website chances are very good that they'll have a "Contact Us" link on the site, where you can confirm whether or not this is a real job offer or scam.

If it came to you by way of e-mail and the message was not sent from the same domain name as the real company, that's a pretty good clue that you're being scammed. (example:  company domain = xyzcorporation / message should be from something like john.doe@xyzcorporation)

DO NOT SIMPLY TAKE THE WORD OF ANY AGENT ABOUT VISAS, ESPECIALLY IF THEY AS YOU TO PAY ANY FEES.

Generally, most legitimate agents get their payments from the employer and not from the prospective employee.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

Thank you so much James for the reply and the advice and information as well. I mean by they " the HR manager" of the company and  they didn't ask any fees , even they will pay every thing including airline tickets. And i m sure it s a well known company and their email is a professional email with stamps showing web site and company logos. Thanks again dear.

ur salary depends on the accommodation & food.

Hi,
In addition to all what James said, you can check your visa status online at the ministry of interior webpage as follows: www.moi.gov.qa, and then at the right click "Enquiries", then "Visa Enquiry & Printing" , choose the "Passport number" field and fill it up and choose your Nationality from the list. ... By doing that you will see if there is a visa in your name or not...
I hope this is helpfull.