New members of Morocco forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

Newbie on Morocco forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Morocco if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread
New members of Morocco forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015 continues below!

My name is David from Glasgow but originally from the north east I am coming to Marrakech on the 2nd of Dec 15 solo for 3 nights for my first visit to morroco anyone like to meet up for a coffee and a chat for some tips on where to go etc

Hi expats..figuring out if Morocco is my next move from Montenegro as my base and where to buy/rent..any advice on pricing.thanks..

Hello everyone I'm new to Expat.com and have now been in Morocco for 6 weeks. I'm from Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.

I'm loving it here and wish everyone the best! Feel free to contact me anytime, thanks!

David I'd be happy to meet you for coffee.

Great looking forward to my trip 56 days to go ,  :)  wonder if by any chance your have seen any north face jackets in the souks and a rough idea of the prices as I need one for home very cold winter expected in Scotland lol

Hi, My name is Mansour and I am a Canadian. I am a doctor of psychology , a doctor of philosophy, and a  doctor of homeopathy. My wife is Moroccan and we are going to to live in Morocco for a few months each year. We would probably make our regular home in Morocco. We purchased an apartment in Mohammadieh which is under construction and hopefully will be ready for occupation soon. I have visited Morocco many times and I love the culture and the life style.I am not sure if I can practice as a psychologist in Morocco since I am not certain about the laws governing the subject. I have closed my practice in Toronto, Canada and only deal with special urgent cases.I, however, appreciate any information as how to purchase a good reliable car to use during our stay in Morocco. I am looking forward to coming to Morocco soon.

His is the rental market there....

Hi Mansour I am in similar situation and started looking for small car here in Casablanca. Here are the tips I have: for used car, automatic, expect to pay 45,000-50,000dh+ for reasonably good state. I do not know about manual as I only intend to purchase automatic but I understand the choice and range of prices is better for manual cars than auto, unsurprisingly (around 40,000 for reasonable manual). There are websites to consult and I will try to post soon to you if you still need that kind of info. Otherwise asking a garage in your area is the best way to locate second hand cars at cheaper price, Hope this helps.

Hi, in the long run or short term? I can't speak for the "medium time".

Anyways how are you?

Hi Nadiamee,
Thank you for your post. The information is very helpful. I am able to drive a manual transmission vehicle, so it might work out a bit more economical for me. Do you have any information on new Moroccan cars. I hear they might be reasonably price. I am not sure about reliability.
Thanks again for your reply and best wishes.

Hi ruosnam, so if you want a manual you will have much wider choice. My auntie has a Dacia and they can be bought new quite cheaply. The only thing is that they do lose their value quite quickly as it is a locally assembled car and not of the greatest quality/reliability. However she's been driving hers for a while and is very happy with it so if you re looking for an unexpensive car that can be purchased new at a reasonable price that may be the one for you. There are some new releases of Dacia cars at reasonably competitive prices which may interest you, I would google it, there are ads everywhere.

Thank you so much for the information.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the jobs section + do not share your number on the forum. Thanks
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

salut. bonsoir. je suis peter d angleterre. je suis Anglais et je viens a marrakech 30 Novembre. je resterai 7 nuits. je voudrais rencontrer pour une biere ou un cafe. j aime les femmes.  I try to use my grammar school french
Merci

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board  :)

@ Peter, you should write only in English on the anglophone version of the forum.

If you want to interact in french, please follow this link to the francophone forum > https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4050

All the best,
Bhavna

Am a nigerian but am planning to get to morocco in less than 3weeks time. I love to meet people that are trustful and faithful. I am a graduated student and i need a work in morocco. I need someone to accomodate me

ThanxThanx frnds I'm Khalil Ahmad nd from Pakistan I need a job for a girl bcz she said me she needs a simple job if she live in my country then I give her a job but she's not my country mate that's why I give a job add plz frnds give me a simple job for her . she's my fb frnds but I'm said her frnd nd who I said frnd then I try to make a gud frnd bcz I don't let go my frnds me go with themes to hell or heaven I'm sure u give me a job and I hope u give very soon she's yours country mate live in marakiech

Am in Marrakesch first week of December. Would meet up for drinks if any lady would like. . I love oriental music and tagine and beer

hello :) how are you?
i want to ask some questions about morocco marriage ..can anyone help?
as i am living in Pakistan (muslim) and i want to marry a moroccon boy(muslim)
he is living in fes morocco..do you have any knowledge about this ?
thank you ..also you can reply me in private message

I am Peter a man of fun zest charm romance loving oriental music.  tajine. and the maroc way of life. I love politics and have accounting n legal discipline s. I visit agsdir and Marrakesch n  do the bars and disco s.I am a dreamer and I snore. Life is for living.

Hi Iam a asian expat living here in casablanca for good. Im just 2 months here and looking for a friend and a job as well. I used to work in Dubai for 8 yrs as Graphic Designer / Photographer.. hope someone can read this and respond to my post! merci!

But you're in fes a long way from Marrakech for a coffee :top:

Hey how are you ?? Welcome my friend to marroco and marrakech city

i know.. u can meet me here in casablanca..

Hello,

I am new to the Expat.com but have lived here in Agadir for a little over 7 months. We are starting a new business to help those who want to learn English. We are interested in hearing more about the expat community here in Agadir. Part of our business idea is to have a place where native English speakers can also come and meet. If they desire, they could also interact with English learners in an informal environment over a cup of British tea or American coffee! In addition, we  are starting a moms & toddlers time.

Feel free to message me for more details! We look forward to meeting others through the Expat.com!

I am very very interested. I am coming to live in Agadir with my partner in December and really want to get involved. I it help a lot settling in. I don't speak Arabic but I am going to learn. It will be nice to meet up with Expats to chat and share things

Howdy, I'm Moroccan American currently living in Morocco after 15 years of being in the US. I moved back to Fez and would like to meet English speaking folks. Halla @ me :)

Hello Mansour,
I have heard that you can practice if you are married to a Moroccan citizen. Worth taking a closer look.
Best of luck!
Andrea

Hello Everyone!
I moved here mid October on a four month contract, a secondment from Canada.
Have somewhat settled in Casablanca but am having to look for a new apartment for the remainder of my stay in Casablanca. If anyone has any tips or options, please let me know!

Andrea

Thanks,

I will follow on that. Enjoy your stay.

I am in Marrakesch first week December 2015. any ladies want to dine or go night club.

Tunisian, will be in casablanca in couple of days working as Sales manager for an international brand.
Nice to meet you all

Susan what are you doing in Fes. Tell me about Fes and yourself

hi Agardella,

welcome .could i know in which town u would like to settle down?

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=553896

Thanks! 

Closed