New members of Qatar forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

Newbie on Qatar forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Qatar if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread
New members of Qatar forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015 continues below!

I'm a simple person, looking for a good friend

Hi All,

I'm Jason and I'm so happy to have stumbled on this forum.

I am from Nigeria and I am a Medical Laboratory Scientist.

I have had several interviews with a recruitment company - IBM and I have my Skype interview with the HMC panel tomorrow morning for the post of a Senior Medical Laboratory Technologist. I believe the Skype interview is my final step in my interview process; after which if I'm successful, I will be given an offer. Please can someone hint me on what to expect tomorrow, it will be greatly appreciated.

I will keep you guys updated on my progress.

Thanks for this post,
My name is Lamiaa an Egyptian doctor, my  specialty is Internal Medicine,
Came here since few months with my hubby , hope me a good luck in my search for a suitable job here :)

Good day. I am Anton Havenga and arrived in Doha a week ago. I am a qualified Attorney and am employed by Egis Rail as Contracts Manager on the Doha Metro Rail Project.

I arrived a week ago and find almost everything in Doha fascinating to some extent (even the traffic) My hometown is Trichardt in South Africa.

I hope to make some friends here soon in order to build a good support system.

Cheers!!!!

Anton

Welcome

HI everyone, am rayham from Jordan, now living in Doha , the reason to join this forum is to find new friends from different nationalities  and get in touch with different cultures . Best Regards

hello  im cecile glad im here wants some friends...

Hi rehab I am Samir from Tunisia

Hi everyone,

My name is Dalibor and Im from Croatia, living and working in Doha for last one year as Site Engineer on Doha metro.
Im here to find new friends and just have fun :)

Simple and relaxed (when not working) person, allways for good time and exploring city :)

Thank you 🙋

Good Day every one, I am from Syria, Mechanical engineer, live in Qatar since almost 10 years, I wish you a very nice comfortable and fruitful life here.
Saludos/ Best regards.
Zak.

Hi Anton, on what metro line are you?

Hi. Major stations.

Hi every body my name is abass koroma i am searching for job as a civil engenier xxxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum + drop an advert in the jobssection.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board  :)

Just to remind you that the "New Members" thread is only dedicated to the introduction of new members.

If you want to link up with members or if you need infos about expatriation, please create a new thread on the Qatar forum

For jobs search please drop an advert in the Jobs in Qatar section of the website.

All the best,
Bhavna

yes sir,

i like to work other country ,i am kalaiyarasan from india ,now i am working in qatar as a hotel chef,
i would like work all around world

thanks by
kalai

Hello lamea, it's Ourouba. Am a civil eng. From lebanon, I have been here for 8 years, now I opened beauty salon ...
I wish u all the best, u will enjoy Qatar. It's very quite country Wz systamic ..
Comparing Wz our countries .
If u need any help am here,
This is my fine no 33914315
Good luch

hi, soon in qatar..

How I wish I can help. I am not in medical field but I live in Doha and I am from Nigeria.

Edited, this is for intro only
I am Kashif from Pakistan, working as SE and currently too much in stress due to search of accommodation.

Good to have you here.

I am a Nigerian, Quantity Surveyor and a budding Contract Administrator, Adjudicator and Arbitrator.

Hi Guys,
Good Day

I am Binas Basheer , from India. I had been to qatar last month on business visit. I would like to pursue my career over there. Can anyone advice how can i get a residence visa. If anyone is providing a freelance visa ..please advice me.

I will like to contact you for advice on whether to accept an offer given to me at one of the banks in dola

Dear All! My name is Elizabeth from Leeds, UK. I have been in Qatar for about 5 years now, however I have lived an expat life before in The UAE as a teenager.

I am now utterly familiar with the Gulf (Khaleeji) culture having lived in the Gulf since 1999, so I would love if the owner allows me to share my blog which I just published a few days ago! I'm a new blogger never done it before, but people keep telling me I help them so I thought I'd just go for it!

Please let me know if it's cool with you to share my link here. I work for Qatar Foundation and I am an aspiring Life Coach in Qatar. Much of what I do is help expats with their new life, understand the culture better, avoid any weird moments or embarrassing situations/misunderstandings! Just enjoy their new life in general!

If I can help anyone i'd be happy to share more of my experiences, please share yours with me too!

All the best,

Elizabeth

hi every one,am blessing from  Nigeria,dental technologist by profession, will like to work and live in qatar.hav a nice day

Hi everyone I'm TJ, a project manager currently living in nigeria...I have read a lot about the expat program in qatar and being there's so much projects going on in the country at the moment I would like to be a part of it. Anyone got tips on how I can secure a job there???

It will be highly appreciated...

Hey bro, congrats on your progress so far...wish u d best.

I would appreciate if you can advise me on any possible ways to apply for jobs there or if u know any recruitment agencies or anything.

dat nice of u dear

Hey Blessing, lots of things is involve, and mind you at the moment No visa for Nigerians at the moment

Hi everyone, My name is Akinde, a telecom engineer from Nigeria. I just got a contract job with telephonyme and will be in qatar in a week time. am a bit nervouse of this new life style am about to live. Hope it will be a memorable one.

Congratulations on your new job. All the best

My name is Diede, 22 years old, and I am from the Netherlands. Currently I am a student in the hospitality industry. For a 10 months internship in Qatar I am looking for housing from December 1st on.

Hi All!

I am a Corporate Communications professional planning to visit Qatar (Doha) for business networking. It's a pleasure stumbling upon such a warm and supportive group!

I would love to know more about each one of you. I am eagerly waiting to hear your story!

I like treating people with good food - cooked by me :) - listening to various genres of music, and watching movies!

My idea of networking is building a group of friends and sharing value without expecting returns. Business and professional gain are just incidental to great relationships and idea-sharing 

I manage communications for a varied set of people and groups (rock bands, start-ups etc.), as a hobby.

Julien, I appreciate you starting this group :)

Take care,
Charu

Hi there everyone! Im jim currently in doha, qatar from the philippines.

Hi everyone! Im new here. Im currently working here in tabuk saudi. Passed the interview of hamad hospital in qatar. They said to wait for a week for my offer salary. My husband is already working there. Cant wait to relocate their with my kids!

Hi, i just finished my skype interview last wednesday ( panel of 3). It just went well. You will be ask of your experiences, how to.manage situations. Dont hesitate to ask again if you did not ubderstand the question. Just be ur self! I made it and got an offer. I know u can do it also! Goodluck

Hello,

I am Meric from Turkey. I had a job offer as an assistant restaurant manager from a Luxurious hotel in Doha. I have submitted all documents required. Now am waiting for my visa to be proceed.

I have few questions,

They offered me 4000 qar per months. My accommodation and health and food are included on my package. The accommodation and the work place still in a walking distance.. around 5 minutes.

I do not spend to much money but I was wondering if 4000 qar can be enough to save money.  I am not after a luxurious life.

Is there any places where we can make shoppings like fresh vegetables etc?

Any places where we can meet new friends and people, not specially around a glass of alcohol..

Thank you for your time and answers.

Hi everyone there, am officer banking operation  in central bank of Rwanda but I wish to work in any institution or banks in Qatar please for any jobs offer there  contact us.

Hi evry one my name is silia and i'm a student on automatique my only dream is to continu my studies in Qatar by a bourse please help me to realise my huge dream .

Hi, I 'm dewi from indonesia, my husband have plan to work in qatar in one of hotel in doha. My son 11 years old.

Closed