My Employer is not interested in cancelling my employment visa

I am a civil engineer and want to cancel my employment visa as my employer is totally fraud. My employer is not interested in cancelling my visa.

1.What to do in these circumstances?
2.How to report the employer in labor court?

Please provide me urgent help in this regard. Thanks.

Hi shazhar,

First report your employer to your Embassy in Muscat. Seek their assistance and along with their representative, lodge a formal complaint with the Ministry of Manpower, and with the Royal Om,an Police. They would then tell you regarding what to be done next.

Since all proceedings would be in Arabic make sure you have someone who can read, write and speak fluently in Arabic. Best wold be for you to get an Omani colleague who would be able to explain the case more convincingly to all the authorities.

Make sure you have all your papers in place and keep copies handy as you would have to attach all the relevant documents while filing your complaints.

Thanks Sumitran...

I was outside the oman for a month to secure an employment in Abu Dhabi. Now, I am coming back to oman to cancel my visa.

The original owner has ran to his home country because he could not pay several debts. Now, the current owner which claims to be new owner is saying that he has blocked me and I needs to pay 200 OMR on airport.

Is this according to law or he is just lying to me?

Hi shazhar,

If your sponsor / employer has initiated any sort of proceedings against you then I am afraid as an expat employee, your options are limited. In your own interest it is better to try and settle the issue as amicably as possible without getting into any sort of legal issues.

The problem is that I can't figure out who is my actual sponsor.

The original company owner has run to home country because he could not pay the several debts and thus leaving all employees by themselves.

He is not providing neither salary or nor the accommodation as per agreements for employees.

Here comes the new employer (which is claiming that he has owned the company) a friend of the original employer. Without proper documentation how can one transfer the company to other?

As far as I know these people they do malicious bussiness activities and once I was also forced to do so but I denied to do so. They have also threatened me to put all company loses onto my shoulder and file a report.

Company setup is very limited and I am the only engineer there with proper knowledge of construction. I was unable to come to an agreement with them because they have been lying to me whole time.

They are also saying me that I cannot do you anything with labor court because in oman only links with omani works.

But in newspapers I have read that instead of absconding employer I should face the problem and seek assistance with Ministry of Manpower.

Do I classified as absconder if I reside one month outside the oman to secure an employment with other company?

Please, provide me urgent guidance for this as I am planning to go the Oman and seek assistance with Ministry.