Decision - Why Visa takes so long to process?

I have applied for graduate diploma in accounting under IPP category on 18th sept but i havenot got any responses yet?? What can be the problem?? How can get visa response fast

Shantibastola wrote:

I have applied for graduate diploma in accounting under IPP category on 18th sept but i havenot got any responses yet?? What can be the problem?? How can get visa response fast

Due to the large number of applications for any and all types of visas for New Zealand do not expect to get a quick response. It could take a few weeks or a few months to the application finalized. You just have to be patient.

But under IPP category the decision should be given within 5/6 working days, isn't it??  It means i shouldnt be worried ??

If you are concerned you can contact the office that you sent your application to and inquire about your application status. But usually it will take a minimum few weeks to process a visa regardless of which category.

How can i contact them...can i personally contact them or through agent??

There is several factors that apply in getting your visa.
Most of the location of the Embassy that is handling your request.
Such as in the states, there is only 2 places. California and Washington DC. Then it has to go to the NZ Embassy in UK. That in itself will take 10 working days.
The process there could take up to a year. You information goes through Interpol, Scotland Yard and then a background check from the Country, state and city where you resided for more than a year. It isn't a snap of a finger and it is done.
Be ready to be dishing out plenty to get this process done.

My application has been received by mumbai high commission..they once send the mail saying application has been received ..but frm then no any updates till date