Excited/Nervous

Hi everyone! I'm moving to Oman in September to teach English. But now I'm a little worried about the situation over there  getting worse. Does it seem to be going that way? I've been following the news and everything seems fine...also, I'll be in Nizwa, does anyone know about life there or working for the Higher Colleges of Technology through Hawthorn Muscat? Any info Much appreciated!

Thanks,
Ala

Worry not my dear, this is a peaceful country atleast I can testify to that.there is no war here.may be the stingy Labour laws but then as long as you are satisfied with your working environment then no need for changes. Except for e sky tearing heat in summer n a bit of cold winds but then again 'No weather is bad weather".just like Charles darwin stated "survival for the fittest'. Whenever u change location , you have to find all means to survive, embrace change n everything will be alright.
I know the admins here will avail you with Links about oman and Life in Nizwa.good luck

Yes, it is a peaceful country.  This is my third time in Oman.  I've lived in Nizwa while working at the University of Nizwa, and Ibri, while working for Hawthorn Muscat at the College of Applied Sciences there.  The atmosphere in both places is very pleasant.  Nizwa is a nice enough place to live, and you can easily take trips to Muscat from there (2 rials for a collective taxi, with 4 passengers total, from the Lulu there).  And Hawthorn Muscat is a good employer.

Thank you so much! That's great to know that you have enjoyed living in Oman and yes, I agree the weather may be a challenge, but as I'm from Canada, if I can do -40 then i should be able to do +40! Thanks again!

Thank you for your response! Wow it's great to know that those companies/institutions are solid to work for, very reassuring! And yes, I saw that Nizwa has a university which is why I'd like to live in that town. Thanks again!

Hello Aszubert ..  :)
Happy morning to YOU ..

Its great and good sound to come to Oman and specially to my beloved city Nizwa ..
Did you arrive ? and start teaching ?

As I am one of Nizwa citizen so I welcome you here and I am ready for any questions , and for any help  ..

My whole greeting ,
khalid