Lombok

Hi indonesian, i plan to visit lombok next year , Can anyone suggest to me what interesting activities i can do there? I also want to know the cost of transport & island hoping . Appreciate anyone can give feedback on my question

Go grab yourself a current edition of Lonely Planet's guide to Bali & Lombok.  It is always current, up to date and full of a million ideas of what to see and do, as well as details for getting around, where to stay, eat, shop...

Of course you can also Google.

The most popular spots on Lombok are the three Gili Islands, Senggigi Beach and Kuta beach (far different than Kuta, Bali).

Also, you can check and participate on this excellent forum run by my old friend Gemma. 

http://lomboklovers.aforumfree.com/

Lombok is a nice alternative to Bali.

Sengigi beach has some serious relaxing with coconut drinks, and the islands in the area have top quality water sports.

Go to Bali, hug Ubudian then get on a boat or plane and go straight to Lombok. That way you have experienced the best of Bali and one of the nicest islands here and if you can skip the Gilis and just explore the island itself even better.

hug Ubudian

Absolutely no dating or setting up relationships is allowed on this site. :D

Fred, yeah i have read some blog . Most of the blogger would suggest to go to sengigi whereby can exprienced crystal water . Do you know the name of hotel nearby lombok airport ?

Hi lukereg, thanks for your suggestion but i prefer to focus on lombok island only because the place is so beautiful as compare to bali ☺️.

Wow, i never know , there is "lombok forum" as well. That's good ,i can ask them more detail about lombok. Thanks ubudian

Pretty certain that I said focus just on Lombok  rather than Ball.  Time to stop helping.

Fred wrote:

hug Ubudian

Absolutely no dating or setting up relationships is allowed on this site. :D

Roy knows how to bypass the rules here.... :P

anaishana wrote:

Fred, yeah i have read some blog . Most of the blogger would suggest to go to sengigi whereby can exprienced crystal water . Do you know the name of hotel nearby lombok airport ?

The airport is no where near anything else, and I didn't notice any hotels near it, probably because there would be little customer interest in such a place.
Sengigi beach has loads of very nice hotels, and they're all less than an hour from the airport.
The hotels have car services to get you where ever you want to go, the roads are smooth, and traffic jams don't much happen.
There are hotels in the town, but that's just a medium sized town with little to attract a tourist.
There is far less development on Lombok, so the towns don't have all the bars and tourist areas you get in Bali's urban areas.
That, in my opinion, is a massive bonus.

I want to find a hotel nearby lombok airport due to my return flight on early morning 7am , so i've to move from lombok one day before , im worry if there is no boat can send me in early morning frm lombok .So i decide to move early to avoid frm miss the flight .

I would take into account for your suggestion to stay in sengigi since the there are less than hour to reach to airport

☺️

anaishana wrote:

I want to find a hotel nearby lombok airport due to my return flight on early morning 7am , so i've to move from lombok one day before , im worry if there is no boat can send me in early morning frm lombok .So i decide to move early to avoid frm miss the flight .

I would take into account for your suggestion to stay in sengigi since the there are less than hour to reach to airport

☺️

I didn't see this one, and don't know it, but the advert looks good.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/id/grand-r … p_iw_title

However, if you stay there, the rest of your holiday will involve a lot more car hire to get you everywhere else.

Fred, ok i will check it out , its looks interesting .

Thanks ☺️

“Hi lukereg, thanks for your suggestion but i prefer to focus on lombok island only because the place is so beautiful as compare to bali ☺️”

Hold on!  That seems to suggest that Bali isn't beautiful.  Well, I guess for visitors to Bali who never get out of Kuta, Legian and Kerobokan that comment would be understandable, but if you've ever seen Bali outside of the over-populated and over built South, one would never, ever suggest that Lombok is more beautiful than Bali. 

https://www.google.co.id/search?q=photo … jgodozkIYw

Ubudian wrote:

“Hi lukereg, thanks for your suggestion

The hug?

I'm quoting anaishana Fred, so you'll have to ask her.   ;)

Fred wrote:
Ubudian wrote:

The hug?

Haha Hi fred,hug is not allowed at all sorry

anaishana wrote:
Fred wrote:
Ubudian wrote:

The hug?

That's fine - I don't feel the need to hug Ubudian. :D

Fred wrote:
anaishana wrote:
Fred wrote:

The hug?

That's fine - I don't feel the need to hug Ubudian. :D

Hahaha

Who is this Ubudian dude, anyway!!  :/

Xeeschan wrote:

Who is this Ubudian dude, anyway!!  :/

He's an American expat on Bali, who is now Indonesian, and never comments on requests for hugs.
His name is Roy, and he lives in Ubud, a place that sounds like a Steve Jobs version of a Balinese town.

“Who is this Ubudian dude, anyway!!"

Xeeschan, if you're that curious you can always click on the “website” link under my avatar.   

Back to topic a bit, specifically Bali versus Lombok, something that is often overlooked is that Bali is the tail end of Asia, and Lombok is the start of Wallacea, (Australia).  The Wallace line goes right down the Lombok Strait separating Bali from Lombok.  As oft quipped, only on the east coast of Bali can a tiger look across the water at a kangaroo.  That's a “Sarah Palinesque” stretch to be sure, but the fauna and flora of Lombok is indeed different than in Bali…the result being that each has their own unique beauty. 

As for hugs...I love getting them, and I love giving them.  If you ever make it to Bali Fred, who knows, you'll likely get one from me anyway!   :lol:

Yup you're so right, but I am also interested in Lombok as it is different and less exploited.  the only  trouble is if we were to go by boat, it would take quite a while to come back from where we came.

I think that having seen Bali, one should also visit Lombok right.

Anyway enough hugs to go round and muah, muah from the ladies, hehe

Oh MAN!!!! This is so super goofy of me!! I was actually so caught up that I thought Ubudian was some sort of monument in Lombok that Fred was making joke of! So I googled it, and got no useful results and posted the question online!! Ughhh, I am feeling really goofy right now!! HAHAHHAAAAAA

Great family you have there, Roy! Glad you are enjoying! : )

Nice to be introduced! Enjoy the day, : )
Z

Ubudian wrote:

Xeeschan, if you're that curious you can always click on the “website” link under my avatar.

YES, I got it now!  :lol::dumbom:

Fred wrote:

He's an American expat on Bali, who is now Indonesian, and never comments on requests for hugs.
His name is Roy, and he lives in Ubud, a place that sounds like a Steve Jobs version of a Balinese town.

Xeeschan wrote:

Oh MAN!!!!

I thought Ubudian was some sort of monument in Lombok that Fred was making joke of!

Of course not - he's an old monument in Bali. :D

HAHAHAHA

I am still rolling on the floor! I think if I ever visit Malaysia, I will visit this monument... But NO hugs though!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAAA  :lol:

Fred wrote:

Of course not - he's an old monument in Bali. :D

Xeeschan wrote:

HAHAHAHA

I am still rolling on the floor! I think if I ever visit Malaysia, I will visit this monument..

I understand most modern mobile phones and computers have very good mapping technology these days.
I'm sure we could add chip in and get you one for Christmas. :D

Ubudian wrote:

“Who is this Ubudian dude, anyway!!"

Back to topic a bit, specifically Bali versus Lombok, something that is often overlooked is that Bali is the tail end of Asia, and Lombok is the start of Wallacea, (Australia).  The Wallace line goes right down the Lombok Strait separating Bali from Lombok.  As oft quipped, only on the east coast of Bali can a tiger look across the water at a kangaroo.  That's a “Sarah Palinesque” stretch to be sure, but the fauna and flora of Lombok is indeed different than in Bali…the result being that each has their own unique beauty. 

As for hugs...I love getting them, and I love giving them.  If you ever make it to Bali Fred, who knows, you'll likely get one from me anyway!   :lol:

Yeah , im mulling to visit bali since the place nearby lombok .

Fred absolutely want hug frm you hahaha☺️

miakarisma wrote:

Yup you're so right, but I am also interested in Lombok as it is different and less exploited.  the only  trouble is if we were to go by boat, it would take quite a while to come back from where we came.

Hi miakarisma, muah muah frm me too 😘

Many of my friend would suggest to go to lombok even it is isolated spot but i might consider to visit bali as well .

Yes Yes Yes Fred.. Indonesia!!!.. Oh let the boy make a geographical mistake every once in a while.. who knows what wonders he may discover in stranger land!!..  :D

Fred wrote:
Xeeschan wrote:

HAHAHAHA

I am still rolling on the floor! I think if I ever visit Malaysia, I will visit this monument..

I understand most modern mobile phones and computers have very good mapping technology these days.
I'm sure we could add chip in and get you one for Christmas. :D

Oh and how I miss the old cell phone days.. When one could go following just a paper map with no one to follow them on the omnipresent cellular network. . Sigh..

miakarisma wrote:

Hi miakarisma,muah muah frm me too😘

Many of my friend would suggest to go to lombok instead of bali even the place quite isolated  . Ive been thingking to go to bali as well since both place quite close

Xeeschan,

Haha Super funny .. Me either couldnt understand what ubudian was

Oh well, now we know Anaishana!! Now we know! :D

anaishana wrote:

Xeeschan,

Haha Super funny .. Me either couldnt understand what ubudian was

anaishana wrote:

Yeah , im mulling to visit bali since the place nearby lombok .

Fred absolutely want hug frm you hahaha☺️

If I was that close to Bali, I'd take a jaunt over, but I love Lombok's peace and quiet, so that's where I'd go for a holiday.

Sadly for you (and all the other ladies on the planet), I'm a married man so I'm unavailable for hugs.
I fully realise this news with drive many ladies into depression, but please try to cope the best you can.

Xeeschan wrote:

Oh and how I miss the ore cell phone days.. When one could go following just a paper map with no one to follow them on the omnipresent cellular network. . Sigh..

I can read OS maps, and navigate with a compass.
I'm part of a rare breed these days as satnav is king, or at least a pretender.

I can read a map, never tried specifically OS, though I have never tried a compass. I can tell direction by looking at sun (not bragging, but I have met too many people not grasping the concept of North/South just by looking at the sun)
..... And well, yes, Sat Nav is definitely the new in king!

Fred wrote:

I can read OS maps, and navigate with a compass.
I'm part of a rare breed these days as satnav is king, or at least a pretender.

Yes, so this recent discussion about Lombok is exactly the reason why some of us on Bali push Lombok!  An example:

"If I was that close to Bali, I'd take a jaunt over, but I love Lombok's peace and quiet, so that's where I'd go for a holiday."

Funny stuff guys!   :lol:

Lombok "peace and quiet"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvOpCAKSsWU

Even Vice President Jusuf Kalla has suggested to tone it down.