Is it easy for filipino to move to jakarta?

Me and my bestfriend at work, Vanessa are moving to Jakarta this November. We are both Sales Manager for the hotel here. Wondering what kind of life we will get moving to Indonesia. LOL

Hi
Warm Welcome to Indonesia. for live good in indonesia must be know how to reduce your cost otherwise because they think you are forigner and count every things expensive for you. I lived here for 3 years and can share all my experience if you want. Please add my phone in your watsapp ++++ and if need my help , feel free to contact me . i will be happy to find new friends.

Good Luck
nima

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

Yup easy to leave in Jakarta, but need to be flexible.
What you will do here shopping shopping and shopping.

Most of the things you need are here, except for Jollibee & Chowking. Coz they Back-out.

Most challenging part the language, its a must to learn. Start with numbers then directions (kiri, kanan, lurus, disini...) + add to your phone waze.
There's a pinoy food at FX mall basement tapsilog, etc.
Cost of living high than phil, but lower than Singapore.
Now its time for you to explore.

Alright! Thanks a lot. But the thing is we will enter Indonesia with our 30-day free entry visa and plan to extend while we're there. :)

I don't think the waived 30 days visa for Pinoys is extendable, it says so on the immigration stamped to the passport... You have to somehow exit the country on or before the 30th day, otherwise you will get fined per day you overstayed. You have to be cautious too with some immigration officers, they can be very unreasonable. Me, even with my KITAS sometimes encounter officers who ask stupid questions as to why i am visiting Indonesia frequently..

Only one extension allowed probably. At least that is for uk passport holders,me)
If you are working here your employer should arrange a kitas (foreign ID) for you then renew every 12 months

Trisheusebio wrote:

Alright! Thanks a lot. But the thing is we will enter Indonesia with our 30-day free entry visa and plan to extend while we're there. :)

You asked what kind of life you can expect - the answer being a potentially very bad one if you work on a tourist visa.

Arrested, deported (at your own cost), and possible prison time, along with a large fine.
Don't do it.

Added - You are free to look for work on a tourist visa, but not actually do any.

Ngoring wrote:

Only one extension allowed probably. At least that is for uk passport holders,me)
If you are working here your employer should arrange a kitas (foreign ID) for you then renew every 12 months

30 days visa free can not be extended, visa on arrival you can extend for another 30 days.

Yes, agree. Unlike in Singapore that you can extend. Here, you need to get out of the country before the 30th day. Otherwise, you will have huge fine plus deportation. Also, if you plan to get a job here, it is somewhat difficult since they are stricter compared to Singapore. Indonesia is a huge nation, bigger than Philippines. So getting a job here is very tough. The company also needs to apply you KITAS (work visa) and it takes 3-5 months processing. With the 30-day social visit visa, this will not be possible. I work here because I am assigned here by my Singaporean company. I moved from Singapore to Jakarta the moment I got my KITAS. Took me 4 months to get one and you cannot stay in Indonesia while waiting for your KITAS.

The fine for overstaying is Rp300,000 per day which you can pay as you pass through immigration on your way out. However, serious overstays will result in deportation.

You can actually stay in Indonesia while awaiting the KITAS but not indefinitely, but of course you cannot work without the necessary visa and work permit.

Hi Trish,

Rex here from Manila. I just arrived yesterday for a short stay. First time here in Jakarta. Hope to meet fellow kababayans

rex

aw...

no worries tris...your company will take care of you,i myself put up a company here,as long as you will know the regulation...everything will be okay...

Yes and No.

Usually the company that hires a foreigner will take care of work permits, house accommodation, car, and school subsidy if one has children.

It all depends on the qualifications of the Filipino but the demographic in the corporate world is that majority of the Filipino expatriates are above middle management to top management.

Yes it's easy for a Filipino because it carries the prestige of providing quality work demonstrated by those who came before us.

No because there seems to be some tightening right now on foreign expatriates.

Good luck!