Have a beer, not feel like tourist and good conversation

hello all,

i just moved to Tunis few days ago...i live in lac and am eager to meet expats or English speaking peeps...also im looking for a place to have a nice cold beer in peace, meaning, i dont want to be considered a tourist and be nagged at while im enjoying my beer :-)...of course i wouldn't mind good company

b

Hi Blondie,

I think when the locals get used to you and realize that your not a tourist, is the only time that you could be left alone.

I've lived in Sousse for the last 18 months and some still think I'm a tourist.. You get used to it in the end, we don't have a choice.

I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Hey Shandos...thanks for the advice...i guess you are right, i just need to get use to it...i lived in iraq for 3 yrs, and compound life made me wanna have drink in peace :-))

hello blondie

welcome to tunis, when you want for drink something ;) but in la marsa :-)

see you

Thanks Imencita

I discovered that La Marsa is the place for a good drink...i was totally misguided when I rented a place in LAC (its like Saudi Arabia, no alcohol zone)...

hi.i think that u don't know that Sousse is the best place for this moment.if u accepte me like a new freidn i will help u.and don't need any thing just to help my country and to help u to discover tunisia the best place in the world.if u accepte contacte me

hi blondie ...
its all up to you how you treat and you concider your self ;)
i live in tunis ... may be we cam meet and drink something together :)

I am here for a month on a work assignment looking out for tunisian female friends to understand the culture and know more.

Hi Blondie,

a nice place to have a drink is Plasa or Palace (not sure how it's called) in La Marsa there are more places in La Marsa but I can't recall the name of the other places I went.  Sadly I don't know any real eurpean style bars but then again we all would have stayed in our home country if we would not like the little differences.  I am lucky that I can speack some arabic and french so I usually don't get treated like a tourist :-)

Hello i'm Tunisian i'm Crazy Bosnia i have been there Before Tand i will back Next Year i feel happy to know Bosnian people lives in Tunisia , So if can know each other and Thanks ;)

Actually there is a very nice europeen style bar in tunis

I understood you don't want to feel as a tourist, so maybe you better drop the idea of beer and consider a soft drink :)

I would recommend few places to go for a drink if you didn't figure out yet where to go:
The Factory, The Cliff, Le Golfe, Plazza Corniche ( La Marsa) then Moods ( Gammarth).

Hi Blondee

Welcome to Tunis!
Let me know when you feel like hanging out.

Have a nice day

Come on mate this thread is from 2011 !!!

what s your problem ?

Hello samidavisjunior1

For info, Julien is the founder of this website.

You are responding to blondie's thread created in 2011.

- Closing this thread down -

I invite you to participate on more recent threads.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Closed