Job opportunities in Istanbul

Hi all,
I am planning to move to Istanbul next year after living more than 10 years in Shanghai. I am a native Chinese speaker, fluent in English (IELTS 7) and can speak basic Turkish. I worked in multinaional companies in Shanghai in PR, project coordination area for 6 years. I wonder how is the job market for someone like me in Istanbul? I personally see opportunies in business development area focusing Chinese market. what you guys think? anyone with similar profile has any sucess story can share?:) appreciate your feedback. Bon weekend!

Hi Mira,

I'm Gift, I am also have a plan to go live and work in Istanbul too. I am not sure if now you have success for a job there? and how is working environment in Turkey?  :|

hi Gift,
I am learning Turkish now as it is.not.easy to.find.a job ajso to leave here without speaking the  language. also, they have very high level of unemployment. what disappoint me most is that the wage level is too low compare to the living cost. even lower than some big Asian cities. going to restaurants is a luxury for most people. as foreigner you get cheated, ripped off all the time, let aline yiu have to pay all sorts of tax...anyway, if you do like coming here, you still can try.

btw, dont wanna denotivate yiu but to tell you the truth.....

Mira

good nice why do you ask

Hi Mira,

First of all I'm apologized that I did not reply earlier !!

Thank you very much for your reply, it was very helpful. I agree for Turkey's lower wage and the problem about high number of unemployed; I quite disappointed to hear it too. However, for do prepare myself to a job there,  I am currently taking Turkish class. I hope I could get a job there...Sometimes, I feel hopeless for a life and job there...but If I don't try it. I would never know...at least I still have a house in Thailand and I am having a good work here.

Would you mind? If I would like to ask about Turkish people, are they friendly with foreigner who are living there for work and family ? I am very nervous, Job and life is hard never mind, but if people there are not friendly then I don't think for a happiness ...

Hello Mira,

Are you still looking for a job? I don't know if you have heard about ICBC investing in Turkey but I would like to discuss your background and the possible job opportunities for a Chinese and English (also some Turkish too) speaking person. 

If you are interested feel free to contact me.

Ozlem

Hi Ozlem,

I will send you a private message.

cheers

Mira

hi,
i also just saw your message... people are very friendly here. They try to help you and give.you smile. but just need to be cateful with guys. they are not aggressive but they try to make "friends "with foreign girls....again, if you say no, nothing happens to you.

i agree with you. you need to try. let me.know when you do come. still exploring the city but i hope i can be of help somehow.

cheers...

Mira
ps. u have facebook?

HI Ozlem,

You might also want to post the ad in the jobs section for more views.

https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/middle-ea … tancy.html

Good luck
Z

ozziokan wrote:

Hello Mira,

Are you still looking for a job? I don't know if you have heard about ICBC investing in Turkey but I would like to discuss your background and the possible job opportunities for a Chinese and English (also some Turkish too) speaking person. 

If you are interested feel free to contact me.

Ozlem

will send a private.message.instead.

That is a better option!
Good luck with your job.
Z

Mira1014 wrote:

will send a private.message.instead.

Hi Ozlem,

Are you still looking for people working for ICBC? I am Chinese speaker from Hong Kong working in the banking industry, and i am looking for job opportunities in Istanbul. I am currently visiting family in here and please feel free to contact me if you want to discuss it in person.

Thanks.

Kristy

Hi My name is Sanjay Joshi.i am looking for jobs in Turkey I am a biotechnology engineering graduate.I have experience in a corn processing industry as a production supervisor.I have worked in stem cell banking organization also.I am an Indian national.I am a quick learner and ready to implementing that towards work.If anyone can help me please feel free to contact.
.                Thanks;!

Hi Sanjay,

You're off topic here. You can try searching through JOBS section.

Good luck.
Z

try to delete....

Hi Mira
Would you like to delete the whole post?

Z

Mira1014 wrote:

try to delete....

Dear Mira,

The wages in Turkey are low as you said.Lowest wage is around 400 Usd.And if you are graduated from university and have experience depending to the job you can earn between 1000-6000 Usd.I think the wages in Istanbul are 2-3 times better than China.Maybe other cities in Istanbul can be similar to China.There is huge differences between Istanbul and other cities of Turkey.Unfortunately all based on Istanbul in Turkey.Anyway Istanbul is a very beautiful city and worth this.

Good Day

Hi,

I understand this is an assumption, but do you have any relevant statistical references for this? Or is it just a hunch out of thin air?

Z

Piekator wrote:

I think the wages in Istanbul are 2-3 times better than China..

I compared with the salaries of some friends in China and Istanbul for the same jobs.Even if the life is expensive in some cities of China,the wages are still low and this is because of demand/supply unbalance in jobs.High population keeps wages low.The wage levels in Istanbul are even higher than some places of Italy or France specially southern parts of these countries.And as I see,the office workers in China work harder than Turkey and Turks work harder than Europeans.I think this is related to also job supply/demand.

Hi, I saw the outdated post, but still am interested if there are any jobs. I am fluent in English and 75% fluent in Turkish.

2016: TOP 10 NATIONALS WHO WORKED IN TURKEY WITH FOREIGNER WORK PERMIT

http://residencepermitturkey.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/foreigners-working-in-turkey-with-work-permit-2016-graph.gif

Greetings to all,

I have noticed recently that expatriates no longer want to answer the questions asked by the applicants for advice or information,
And once the information is required he or she ask to delete the discussion,
As you ask for information the chance makes you come across someone who opens the door to you for an opportunity leave the door open for others who are waiting for information that will bring hope!
A wise word
Salam

Hı Exel

One of the major reasons for non responsiveness is that majority of the questions have been already discussed on the forum. Most people who ask questions do not bother to search the forum and instead just like to start a new thread by asking the same old question. 

Another major factor, questions like, 'Does anybody know the contact for ABC business?'.. Well, if I can Google up the contact for certain business and post in response,  I guess the ÖP can also simply search it online and will have information faster.

Third, the forum is not for Job and Housing posts. There is a separate section for that.

If there is a legit discussion that requires elaborate answers, I try to help as much as I can.  I never erase my answers, unless i learn that my provided information was perhaps erronous or has altered since. For any others, who are not able to make effort in searching the forum, as a part of Experts team, there is only as much spoonfeeding I can do.

Hope this answers your question.
Enjoy the evening.

exel wrote:

Greetings to all,

I have noticed recently that expatriates no longer want to answer the questions asked by the applicants for advice or information,
And once the information is required he or she ask to delete the discussion,
As you ask for information the chance makes you come across someone who opens the door to you for an opportunity leave the door open for others who are waiting for information that will bring hope!
A wise word
Salam

Hello Xeeschan,

I agree with you and I know how it happens on this network,
Sometimes there are new ones who ask questions in the hope of finding an answer and find themselves going round in circles,
May be due to lack of time they do not seek replies or googles on the web,
Or maybe they notice in the answers of the proposals for job for some people  and when they ask for information they do not receive any answer that is the question ..
In any way I wish the courage and the luck for everybody,

thank you for your time
Best regards

Yes, the whole point of Forum is fully discuss an issue so that people can benefit from comprehensive threads on various topics.

As you mentioned as well, a lot of people don't do it for lack of time,  though at the same time,  we as contributors also take time out to answer issues in detail.

At the end of the day, hope the forum is helpful to you overall.

Good luck

exel wrote:

Hello Xeeschan,

I agree with you and I know how it happens on this network,
Sometimes there are new ones who ask questions in the hope of finding an answer and find themselves going round in circles,
May be due to lack of time they do not seek replies or googles on the web,
Or maybe they notice in the answers of the proposals for job for some people  and when they ask for information they do not receive any answer that is the question ..
In any way I wish the courage and the luck for everybody,

thank you for your time
Best regards

Lalaellaz ~ Do yourself a huge favor. Stay in Thailand. These words of wisdom should be sufficient :cool: