Indian in Nairobi - How to register company?

Dear Ashantiz
I am an Indian and just reached Nairobi. I want to know about company registration here. Please help me. *

Regards
Sunil

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum.

If you were born in Kenya, then under the 'new' constitution, you are entitled to dual citizenship and for those born in Kenya, this is not a complicated process.

My advice would be to forget about work permit applications, company registrations etc.  Once you have dual citizenship, you will be able to enter the job market without any further permits. 

I understand that you can register for this at a Kenyan Embassy.

Sunil, I know that you have placed similar questions on a number of threads.

I have experience of doing this.  To register a company, you will need to engage a Lawyer, to draw up the Articles of Association and assist with the other stages in the process.  The Law Society of Kenya may be a good starting point in finding a lawyer.  Unfortunately, I am unable to recommend the lawyer that we used, as he subsequently misappropriated some of our money.

The link below will also help you:

http://www.hapakenya.com/2014/03/06/how … -in-kenya/

In addition, you need to provide the following:

A. Limited Companies
1. Copy of Identity Cards of all the Directors
2. Copy of PIN of all the Directors
3. Passport size photographs of all the Directors

B. Partnerships and Sole Proprietorships
1. Copy of Identity Cards of the proprietor/Partners as may be the case
2. Copy of PIN of the proprietor/Partners as may be the case
3. Passport size photographs of the proprietor/Partners as may be the case.

You apply for a PIN (tax certificate) from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).  I understand that this is an online process, now.

Note:  You cannot start trading until you have registered your company. 
Unless you have a Kenyan partner, you will effectively be unable to trade until you have a Class G work permit.  One of the requirements for this is that you have $100,000 (or equivalent in Kenya Shillings) available in cash, or evidence of the same invested in Kenya.  You also have to provide evidence of how your business will benefit the country, but this can be as simple as providing employment locally.

Be aware that the textile industry is already well represented in Kenya, with some large industry players, such as Bobmil.

Good luck!

Hello all

@suniltri247 : Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Nairobi section of the forum.

Regards
Kenjee

You can check this guide that I use, how to register a company in Kenya online.
I hope that helps