Making phone calls in Turkey

Hi,

When settling in Turkey, one of the priorities is to be able to make phone calls.

How to proceed to get a landline installed in Turkey?

What are the mobile operators?

What is your average monthly budget?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Maximilien

Turkcell, vodafone and avea are the operators in turkey. Turkcell has the best quality but more expensive. I use and recommend vodafone. Cheaper than turkcell and good quality. I pay 28 TL monthly for a package includes 750 mins, 2,5 gb internet and 1000 sms.

I swıtched SIMcard ın one mobıle phone to Türkcell. No problems yet callıng wıth mobıle ın Turkey.
Whıch ıs the maın operator, owıng the landlınes? Is ıt Turk Telekom?/L-G. :)

Hello,
Turkcell is the best but you can get almost the same from Avea for cheaper, 25TL from AVEA can get you 300 min of local calls, 1 GB internet with hotspot supported,
For landline, the best idea is to get the 50 Mbps fiber internet from Superonline and you will get a landline number for free, all you need is your passport,
regards.

Hi ,
I'm using turkcell but they block my phone after 2 months.  Does anyone know where can I unlock it?

you can go any turkcell center after your number will be open

I did already but they said they can't open it coz the maximum usage of phone from outside country is 2 months,  he said I have to exit Turkey and register again... What a silly regulations they have actually..

You don't have to exit the country. You must go to one of the Turkcell service centers and ask them to "unlock" your mobile phone. They'll simply register the IMEI number of your cell phone (which is unique for every device) and your mobile will be unlocked for Turkey. It has a cost of course but I'm not sure about the exact price. I think they'll ask you to pay a one time fee of 130 TL.

Turkey applies a more strict rule on the imported electronic devices which use the cellular network of the country. This is mainly due to support the local cell phone and tablet producing companies.