Guide me to move to Denmark - Need i IELTS? I have Master in IT

i have done Master degree in Master of information technology recognize from HEC Pakistan.
Now i want to move to Denmark or German .

plz any one to guide in detail as i study green card option for Denmark

shall i need IELTS ?

i have work experience IN IT more than 8 years

Thanks

HashIm Mahmood
Pakistan

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.

You may want to read about the green card scheme at this website: http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_t … scheme.htm

Please note however that even if you are able to obtain a green card visa, it is not easy to get a job here in Denmark especially if you don't speak the Danish language. Having a green card visa does not automatically allow you to get permanent residency after a couple of years of working in Denmark. Moreover, you won't be able to extend your residence permit (the green card visa) if you don't satisfy the required minimum income requirement that you must have earned for the past 12 months prior to applying for an extension, which for 2015 is DKK 319,725

It is better that you try to assess your job prospects in Denmark and perhaps apply for them before you even start on your green card visa applications. Otherwise you might end up spending a lot of money trying to get here and getting disappointed after realising life in Denmark (for foreigners) is not much easier than what you already have there in Pakistan.

Just my words. I could have written Ainos1912'3 post myself. It's more than risky to come here without already having a job in hand.

Only if you can find your job on the positive list I would be a little optimistic.

Have a look at this site for jobseekers and see if there should be something of interest to you:
https://www.workindenmark.dk/

This site contains a number of links: https://danishgreencard.wordpress.com/h … documents/
However, it seems not to be updated for a time.

ok tel me the eassy way to move denmark from pakistan

as i cant read heavy sites for travelling

There's no easy way at all to a job in Denmark as there are more applicants seeking a job than there are jobs available. Getting a green card is not the same as getting a job. This site here will give you an impression of the ways to come here: http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/frontpage.htm

Have a look at my other posts in this forum and consider then your situation very carefully, what are the pros, what are the cons. If you have a job in Pakistan that matches your skills, you shall consider it even more carefully.

If you still want to go on with your plan, then let me see your list of pros and cons, and I'll give you some feedback on each point.

Nellie Berg wrote:

There's no easy way at all to a job in Denmark as there are more applicants seeking a job than there are jobs available. Getting a green card is not the same as getting a job. This site here will give you an impression of the ways to come here: http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/frontpage.htm

Have a look at my other posts in this forum and consider then your situation very carefully, what are the pros, what are the cons. If you have a job in Pakistan that matches your skills, you shall consider it even more carefully.

If you still want to go on with your plan, then let me see your list of pros and cons, and I'll give you some feedback on each point.

Hello Nellie,
I, Safir-Uz-Jaman Khan, am Bangladeshi by birth. I completed my ungraduation and mba from uk and worked for two years there. Now I am working as a Business/Finance Analyst in a private bank in Bangladesh. My IELTS score is 7. So far I reckon that my point is above 120. I read the procedure in the website. If i get the visa under greencard scheme, then at first the visa will be valid for 2years and I have to earn DKK 50,000 for the first year. At the time of extension for next 3 years, I have to earn DKK 319188 for the past 12 months period. I have the following questions if you can help me on these matters:
a) After getting the visa under greencard scheme, I have to earn DKK 50,000 ortherwise my visa will be cancelled. So how much I have to earn in the 2nd year?
b) I know that its difficult to get a job without Danish language. But will it be possible for me to earn DKK 50,000 in the 1st year and subsequently DKK 319188 at the time of 3 years extension?
c) The application fee for primary applicant is DKK 6850. So What is fee for the spouse?

Thanks,
Safir-Uz-Jaman Khan

You have some very relevant questions, and I guess that you have already seen my other answers about being a green card holder in Denmark? I think it is a shame that you did not create a new thread for your own question because it might bring other people in the ballpark. You could also have sent me a pm as your question was addressed to me. Never mind, I did see your question. :)

As I understand the regulations (as I am not a lawyer):
Let's say that you get your green card by the 1. November 2015.
You move to Denmark on the 1. March 2016
You'll then have to earn 50,000 Kr. within the 1. November 2016, e.g. you have 8 months to meet the requirement.
You'll meet the next hurdle by the 1. August 2017 (3 months before your green card will expire, you'll take step to get it extended. In praxis it would be by the 1. July 2017 as it is important to respect the deadlines or your application will be rejected). At this time, you shall document that you have earned at least 319,725 Kr. (2015-price) in the period from 1. July 2016 - 30. June 2017.

You can see the fees on this page:
http://www.nyidanmark.dk/da-dk/Ophold/g … satser.htm
I have noticed that the English equivalent pageturns out with Error 404, and I have therefore informed Udlændingestyrelsen about this.
Medfølgende familiemedlemmer til arbejdstagere, forskere, greencard og studerende    1.600 kr.
(215 euro)

If you land a job, the wages will absolutely exceed the amount (319.725 Kr.). Maybe, you think it sounds of much, but it isn't because the expenses are also high. The amount is the starting level for a green bachelor. However, I am more concerned about your possibilities to land a job as you don't speak Danish. I'll see if I can find some information about it and send you a pm.

Thanks for ur reply...

i know it is difficult to get job relevant to my degree but is it possible to get other jobs to run my life circle ?

I have completed my Education in English + with 4 years Experience, and i have a letter from my University/Employer that my education / experience is in English. My query is do i still need to do IELTS for Denmark Green Card Scheme

i would like to know regards Denmark Green card Scheme how much points i will score without IELTS, following are my details.

1. Bachelor's degree followed by one-year Master's degree.
2. 4+ Years Experiences in same feild of Education.
3. Working as a Business Analyst (Positive List)
4. Age Below 34
5. No IELTS

I have completed my Education in English + with 4 years Experience, and i have a letter from my University/Employer that my education / experience is in English. My query is do i still need to do IELTS for Denmark Green Card Scheme

Dear Nellie

I wanted to have your clarification for my deeper understanding. When it states "have to earn 50,000 Kr.", does that mean we have nett in saving 50,000 Kr or it is just adequate to present on paper that we have been paid a net salary from Month 1 to Month 8 equated to a total of of 50,000 Kr.

Same goes to 319,725 Kr. ...

Refer to the fonts in red below.

Nellie Berg wrote:

As I understand the regulations (as I am not a lawyer):
Let's say that you get your green card by the 1. November 2015.
You move to Denmark on the 1. March 2016
You'll then have to earn 50,000 Kr. within the 1. November 2016, e.g. you have 8 months to meet the requirement.
You'll meet the next hurdle by the 1. August 2017 (3 months before your green card will expire, you'll take step to get it extended. In praxis it would be by the 1. July 2017 as it is important to respect the deadlines or your application will be rejected). At this time, you shall document that you have earned at least 319,725 Kr. (2015-price) in the period from 1. July 2016 - 30. June 2017.

No you need to have an annual income of 3.19lk of dkk that means if ur visa expire in 2017 thn u need to show 2016-2017 annual income as 3.19lk

Thank you binoy.

Good answer!

binoysb007 wrote:

No you need to have an annual income of 3.19lk of dkk that means if ur visa expire in 2017 thn u need to show 2016-2017 annual income as 3.19lk

I think Pinoy and I agree on how to understand to requirements and just say the same in different ways. Am I wrong in presuming this?

We are talking about gross amounts, not net amounts. That helps a little, eh?

This has become a pretty entangled thread as time has passed. and for that reason, I have chosen to advise Hashim207 directly.

Hashim207: As I have got no response back on my comprehensive mail, I am afraid that you haven't seen it. The mail contents advice, comments and links of interest to you.

Nellie Berg: can you plz guide me on question...
Regards

Hi Sheikhnaveed

I am afraid I cannot help you with your question. When it comes to the individual specific questions, I'll leave it to the authorities as the only ones whom I find qualified for that.

Do you think you'll get points enough without the IELT?

Here are some sites you can have a look at:
https://www.workindenmark.dk/https://ec.europa.eu/eures/public/en/homepagehttps://danishgreencard.wordpress.com/h … documents/
http://www.overseasjobs.com/http://www.intljobs.org/http://www.thelocal.dk/jobs

Nellie Berg: thanks for reply....appreciated... My only question; is its mandatory to do IELTS for Denmark Green Card Scheme/Work permits. even-though I have completed my Education in English + with 4 years Experience in English working environment, and i have a letter from my University/Employer that my education / experience is in English.

Sheikhnaveed wrote:

Nellie Berg: thanks for reply....appreciated... My only question; is its mandatory to do IELTS for Denmark Green Card Scheme/Work permits. even-though I have completed my Education in English + with 4 years Experience in English working environment, and i have a letter from my University/Employer that my education / experience is in English.

Hi Sheikhnaveed,

From what I understand regarding the conditions in order to be granted a residence permit under the Green Card Scheme, you must obtain a minimum of 100 points, which may be based on your educational level, language skills and adaptability. In order to be given points for language skills, you must document that you have passed a recognised language test in either Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, English or German. IELTS is one of the recognised language tests. It is not mandatory to do the IELTS...but then you will not get any points for language skills. English native speakers don't get any point either unless they have passed a recognizable language test.

So if you think you could get the maximum points for your educational level and/or your education qualifies you on the Positive List, and/or you had graduated from  an EU/EA or Switzerland university and had worked in any of the aforementioned countries, then perhaps your lacking of any points in the language skills would not be a problem. A minimum of 6.5 in IELTS could get you 40 points, for example.

You may check this link regarding the recognised language tests wherein you may gain points for the language skills if you decide to apply for the Green Card scheme:

http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_t … -tests.htm

As for your educational level, perhaps you should check with the Danish Agency for Higher Education on it's equivalent to the Danish education level. This way you would have an approximate guess of how much points you could gain for it.

Here's the link of the database for assessing qualifications:
http://ufm.dk/en/education-and-institut … -countries

Now, say for example we compute the possible points you can get for your qualifications:
Education, Bachelor's Degree + 1-year Master's degree  : 50 points
bonus points, job included in the positive list                     : 30
Language skills, No IELTS                                                 : 0
Adaptibility, have you studied/work in any EU countries? : ____
                                                                                              ??   Total points

Your education and job qualification alone may give you 80 points. Go figure if you need IELTS or not.

Hope this helps.

Ainos1912: You have solve my big confusions.. highly appreciated :)... can you guide me bit more

I am trying to calculate my eligibility can you please help me in this

my details are as folllows:

1. Bachelor's degree followed by one-year Master's degree.
2. 4  Years Experiences in same field of Education.
3. Working as a Business Analyst (in Positive List)
4. My throughout education and Job experience is total in English and medium of instruction (written and oral) with coworkers and managers is in English. (with English Proficiency by Institute and employer)
5. Age Below 34
6. No IELTS

Pakistani qualification   
4-year bachelor's degree   a 2-year master's degree   

Danish level of education
A bachelor's degree plus 1 year of studies at master's level,            possibly a master's degree if the programme includes a thesis

You will be given 30 bonus points if your education qualifies you to work in a field where Denmark is currently experiencing a shortage of qualified professionals. You can find these fields on the Positive List. In order to obtain the bonus points, your education must be directly linked to a job title on the Positive List. Furthermore, you must meet the requirements for the job title in question, e.g. a Professional Bachelor's degree or a Danish authorisation.
Reference: https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_ … scheme.htm

how much points i will score, guide me in this please

your Help in this will be highly appreciable

Regards

Sheikhnaveed: I have edited my post before I read your reply. Please read again my post.  I have included the possible points you could obtain given your qualifications

Ainos1912: thanks your reply it is very helpful and highly appreciated. i believe it will help other too :)

i further want to know

If my education and Job experience is total in English and medium of instruction (written and oral) with coworkers and managers is in English. and i have English Proficiency letter by Institute and employer on their letter heads will it help in points

regards

Sheikhnaveed wrote:

Ainos1912: thanks your reply it is very helpful and highly appreciated. i believe it will help other too :)

i further want to know

If my education and Job experience is total in English and medium of instruction (written and oral) with coworkers and managers is in English. and i have English Proficiency letter by Institute and employer on their letter heads will it help in points

regards

No, it won't count for the language skills. You have to document that you have passed a verifiable and recognised English exam like IELTS or TOEFL. As I mentioned earlier, even native English speakers won't get any point for it.   If they want points for it, they need to submit a documentation of passed IELTS or TOEFL or the equivalent Danish, Swedish, Norwegian Language tests. It's the same then for those whose medium of instruction in the universities (non EU) they graduated from is English. You need an IELTS for this.

But if you had studied/worked in any EU/EA countries then you will get points for it---max of 10 points only though. And even then, you would still be short of 10 points to obtain the minimum of 100 points.

Ainos1912: I deeply appreciate all your reply and help, I would just like to say "THANK YOU" for a VERY quick response. I didn't expect it SO quick. You have given me some good advise and believe me, it is greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks Again!!!! :):)

High Regards :)

http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_t … -tests.htm

I don't think there is anything left here for interpretation regarding the test. It's a must. Even if it wasn't,I doubt that you would be able to get the needed points.

Yeah, it is difficult to decide as we cannot foresee the future. I would wait to take the decision and see.

Take a regular look at the job sites in the next months. Do jobs turn up from time to time within your own profession? If not, I would give up the idea of coming here. We still await an economic recovery, but it is slow in coming, and we have many unemployed people in this country. For this reason, it isn't easy to find an unskilled job, and you shall also meet the income requirements. This may be very difficult if you don't find an appropriate job.

Not speaking Danish is a considerable handicap when it comes to land a job, and therefore, a foreigner shall possess some very special skills to offset this handicap. You shall take this into consideration, too.

I have MBA from UK 1 year,Post graduate Diploma (Information management) UK 1 yrs, MSc (IT) India 2 yrs, Bacholer of Computer Application (India, 3 yrs). IELTS 7. I lived in UK   more than 2 yrs for the study. So how much points do i socre as IT is also in positive list.