Hiking at the Rift Valley on Saturday 25th April 2015

Any hiking enthusiasts out there? Bored of same old Mt. Longonot and ngong hills. Join us this Saturday as we hike through the scenic rift valley.

Departure from Nairobi: 06:00 Saturday April 25, 2015 (as always we shall car pool)
Start Point: Italian Catholic Church along the Mai Mahiu- Naivasha road
End Point: Ndiuni near public work station along Mai mahiu – Nairobi highway
Tour Guide fee: KES 4,000 (for 2 guides 1 to lead and the second with the laggers)
Entry fee: KES 200 per person

The trek to the William hill starts from the Italian Catholic Church along the Mai Mahiu- Naivasha road and you walk along the floor of the rift valley for about 15km to the Osotua camp in Namcha ranch, which is the base of the hill. As you ascend the hill, you get to learn the history of the area where over 200 people were killed in what is known as Kedong massacre .You will also see the Olonana boundary among other features. The hike ends at Ndiuni near public work station along Mai mahiu – Nairobi highway taking a total of 5 hours.

Dress appropriately and carry snacks.

We hike various places every month. Those interested inbox me.

Regards,
Daphne.

Hi Dapho,

It would be great if you can also post an ad in the Events, Activities, Leisure in Nairobi section.
It is more appropriate.

Thank you

Priscilla  :cheers:

Thanks Priscilla, will do.

Please advise of any forthcoming hiking tours
Ravi

Hey Ravi,

We shall be hiking to Mt. Longonot on Saturday 8th of August. All are welcome.
If interested let me know.

Regards,
Daphne

Please keep me posted on any further day hikes we are new in Nairobi but like to be with Nature.
We are leaisure hikers.
Thanks

Hi There where do South Africans watch the rugby in Nairobi today let me know ***

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct