I recommend a good lawyer who speaks good English

I am English and living in Kecskemet and have a good Hungarian friend who is a lawyer and speaks good English and i trust a lot. He was very helpful with buying our house and although not living in Budapest i still highly recommend

His details are below and happy for you to say that I recommended him:-

Dr. Dobjak Nandor
[email protected]

Thanks

Marc

Me too. I would add mine to the list too.. I used Andras Toth.  office[at]tothandras[dot]net
Very patient and good English skills, helped me purchase my apartment.

@ Marc and gazamataz > Thank you for these information, i invite you to recommend these lawyers in the Business directory > Lawyers in Hungary section.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

hello..i am sri lanakan citizen who studing in north cyprus currently.sınce two years i am in a relationship with hungarian girl.so after serious decision we have decided to get married as soon as possible.so my question is would i be able to get married with when i am here or do i have to go back to sri lanka?and what documents will i need to make the registration.?..i believe that i would get a fair answer for my question soon..   faithfully,  Nush

How did the purchase of your apartment go?
I've been in tough with a few people online and it seems like a scam. They want 20% of the price of the property, and the remainder within 30 days or you lose your down payment. Is this normal?

I've had a few mortgages in the US and obviously encountered nothing like that. Is it difficult to buy in Hungary? Thanks!

akaymik85 wrote:

They want 20% of the price of the property, and the remainder within 30 days or you lose your down payment. Is this normal?

Property sale in Hungary is based on contract law. If you agree to these terms, then you are liable for them.

How "common" such terms are, I do not know. But basically, only a fool would agree to such terms, even in Hungary, unless you are paying cash and have the cash ready.

Do not expect to get a mortgage in Hungary. If you can not pay in full and in cash, do not bother.

If you want to buy property in Hungary, you should come to Hungary, get a good and honest property attorney, and pay the normal fees (which are not 20%).

But be aware, if you are an American, the price of the property will magically increase once you start to talk and show you are a foreigner:

http://stcoemgen.com/2014/01/17/elado-means-for-sale/

akaymik85 wrote:

They want 20% of the price of the property, and the remainder within 30 days or you lose your down payment. Is this normal?

Property sale in Hungary is based on contract law. If you agree to these terms, then you are liable for them.

How "common" such terms are, I do not know. But basically, only a fool would agree to such terms, even in Hungary, unless you are paying cash and have the cash ready.

Do not expect to get a mortgage in Hungary. It is complicated. If you can not pay in full and in cash, consider not to bother buying.

If you want to buy property in Hungary, you should come to Hungary, get a good and honest property attorney, and pay the normal fees.

But be aware, if you are an American, the price of the property will magically increase once you start to talk and show you are a foreigner:

http://stcoemgen.com/2014/01/17/elado-means-for-sale/