New members of Tunisia forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

Newbie on Tunisia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Tunisia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread
New members of Tunisia forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi.living between UK and Tunisia desperate to buy proper bed in tunisia and idea where too look,shukran. Labes

Hello Everyone!  My name is LaTisha and I had an account here loooong time ago and I recently found this site again.  I have a fiancé in Tunisia and we have been together since 2009 and I have been to Tunisia 4 times.  I am thinking about moving to sousse next year especially if the visa process denies our application again after the appeal.  I will be graduating from school as a medical assistant, and was pondering if I would be able to get some type of job doing this in Tunisia.  Sadly I don't speak Arabic nor French.  I know this would be a barrier for me AND I also have a 13 year old daughter which would need to attend English speaking school.  Ugggggh I have 2 too many barriers, but I don't want to be away from my fiancé.  Other than that, I'm happy to have joined the forum again and hope to make some great friends.

Sahara beauty wrote:

Hi.living between UK and Tunisia desperate to buy proper bed in tunisia and idea where too look,shukran. Labes

Welcome to Tunisia.  If you tell me where you are living then I maybe can tell you where to go for a bed.  Do you want just the mattress or the whole suite?

LatishaZarti wrote:

Hello Everyone!  My name is LaTisha and I had an account here loooong time ago and I recently found this site again.  I have a fiancé in Tunisia and we have been together since 2009 and I have been to Tunisia 4 times.  I am thinking about moving to sousse next year especially if the visa process denies our application again after the appeal.  I will be graduating from school as a medical assistant, and was pondering if I would be able to get some type of job doing this in Tunisia.  Sadly I don't speak Arabic nor French.  I know this would be a barrier for me AND I also have a 13 year old daughter which would need to attend English speaking school.  Ugggggh I have 2 too many barriers, but I don't want to be away from my fiancé.  Other than that, I'm happy to have joined the forum again and hope to make some great friends.

Welcome to Tunisia.  Sadly you will have not much hope as a medical assistant as you will need very good French and good Arabic.  Perhaps you could seek some online solutions for work.  There are many good schools here but an English speaking school will be a private school near Tunis and they cost quite a lot.  Good luck and if you need any assistance then I'm happy to help you

Hi,
Most of expats want to live in areas as La Marsa, Gammarth, Sidi bou Said or Carthage. If you look for long term rent then you have to be here to have a look around. Othervise you can check on Airbnb for temporary rent with no deposit or other hidden costs.
Let me know if I can help you.
:)

Hello my name is Sophie, I'm a Chinese. I moved to Tunisia one month ago because my fiance works here. My priority now is to study french in order to start a new life. I have some free time to explore the city around and to adapt to the new culture. I realized in here it doesnt have massive shopping malls nor chinese restaurants. Well Im not a big shoppaholic or any sorts so it doesnt bother me that much afterall :) . For expats who come here for his job/ business, life will be better I think. Im just trying to survive by keeping myself occupied and studying french very hard. Making new friends can also be very important.

I enjoy watching people drink their coffee along the street of Habib Burgiba, very laid back style, and they are very friendly, some saying Nihao to me with a big smile :) . I believe it can be a nice place to settle in in the future with a job.

I also like this forum. I wasnt a forum fan before. But in a new country where english is no longer very useful, I feel I cant help writing something here and reading how other expats live their lives. :)

Hello!!!
I have just joined this site as am contemplating a move to La Marsa area next year with my Tunisian husband and daughter (I already have a job lined up)... Just wanted to know what daily life is like compared with France or the UK. I am from England but currently an ex-pat in France and have also lived in America, Italy and Japan.
Is life expensive and what about social-life? Activities for children? French and Arabic classes? 
Thanks in advance
Helen

Hi I live between the Uk and Tunisia.good idea to start learning Arabic or French ,I'm learning Arabic at the minute. my only downfall is no jobs and even harder now after the awful attack, Good luck such a beautiful place

Hey everyone,
I'm Gabriele, from Brazil, living in New York.
My fiancee is Tunisian, I have been to Tunisia 5 times. Really beautiful country and lovely people.
We are organizing our wedding for July 2016 in Tunis. I'm interested in getting to know other expats with similar interests as well as some legal advice on tunisian marriage laws.I'm excited with this new phase in my life but also have some concerns regarding my rights and restrictions. I have done some research online, but a lot is in a gray area in regards to what happens in case of a divorce, child custody, etc.  Thank you!!

hi..
i have moved to djerba few months ago to be with my husband. .
looking for english female friends here on djerba, prefferably midoun, or croatian speaking at any place in tunisia (but no idea when would meet in real).
salam :)

Hi  Gabriele
You can ask a specific questions about your concerns in order to answer you.
regards

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=553923

Thanks! 

Closed