New members of Pakistan forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

Newbie on Pakistan forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Pakistan if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread
New members of Pakistan forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hello, I live in Alaska in the USA, but I am interested everything to do with Pakistan! I am muslim.  I am an English teacher living in the wilderness with an Indian tribe. Thank you for contacting me. Khadija

Wow,,living with and Indian tribe, from Alaska,, Interested any thing to do with Pakistani,, very different kind of profile,,Welcome any way,, I am interested because , you wrote very interesting things, Lets meet here , I am born Pakistani, and a serial Expat

take care
S. Haider

Hi Khadija

i wrote tips for those, who are moving to Islamabad or intreseted to know about Pakistan,,This may have your interest too,,

My Five Tips who want to move to Pakistan will be different for Men and Women ( sorry ladies , please don't mind but it will be helpful )

As many foreigners particularly westerners have not much idea about this corner of the world it is necessary to know this country as normal country as many others with good and bad with few exception, so just take it normal overseas destination. following tips may help you

Five Tips for Women to be Expat in Pakistan

1---  Wear local dress or lose dress with Hijab ( Dupatta) , you will feel more comfortable, people will see you as normal not as stranger . thought in larger cities you may walk with normal jeans, and shirts

2--- In big cities, you will find more cinema , theater , cafe, even party places, you can enjoy with friends or even alone, but if you are going to rural areas, don't go to public places alone,,

3--- Use rent a car , rather private taxi ( let some local person arrange the car , its better and cheaper and safe, )

4---its a big country, it has a variation of temperature , south is hot and north is cold , some areas are very cold. travel to north with partners / group,  it is better to travel with partners in mountain areas, and you can enjoy nature at northern part of the country as  it is unlike many countries,  original / natural and virgin ,many places are kind of lonely planet and unexplored, its really beautiful

5----Dont trust every one,, particularly in money matter

Five tips for Men to be Expat in Pakistan

1--- You can find many things cheaper and easily which may attract you , not necessary made for you,, particularly,  Drugs / guns / women

2---- Dont trust every one, when money is matter

3--- use proper cloths , if going to historical places , specially, mosque / shrine / or religious places ( this apply also on women )

4--- You can enjoy local friends, and may have good time as friend, you may find hundreds  similar like westerners,  English speaking , but still they are some where different , conservative, so do not make fun of religion / local tradition or family

5---Dont discuss, politics or religious issues with local people

Happy Stay

Regards
S. Haider

Hi there 
Please ask me whatever you want to know about Pakistan.  I love to tell you.
It's Raza here

Hi Raza, welcome here on the blog, better you introduce yourself first, with little background of your expertise and the areas of your interest. so people may ask relevant questions about your country, otherwise people even ask you the recent finding of Geological survey, The amount of natural gas produced per cubic feet, or Yield of wheat per acre in  the yr 2014, :):):o   which may not suits your knowledge base,,, Enjoy the blog

Regards
S.Haider

Thanks buddy
I am 35 male from Pakistan Islamabad. Please ask me anything about Pakistan. According to information of my access and reach I will reply.  Either it's related to any price or anything else.  My hobbies or interest are hiking swimming restaurants gathering problems solving religion etc
So I am here ...
Raza

Aoa everyone !
I am new here. 23 years old from jhelum. currently working in a Dubai based company.  Really struggling to get my feet on the ground. Looking for better career opportunities.

Hi,can i ask some questins?

mkasani wrote:

Hi,can i ask some questins?

Yes please !

I want to come to pak to visit a friend but i find no cheap ways,i found train but they said its not safe,plzzzz help me(from iran)

I cant afford plane for now,thats my problem ,so i am looking for a cheaper way i can afford

If it was safe and possible i would walk to my destination,i swear,but....
Plz help me

:sosad:

There is no other legal way to enter in Pakistan. You have to come through train or plane.

U heard people use train safely?

U heard people use train safely?

No i never heard of it. but i think its safe. and not expensive as well. but as i mention above those are on only two ways. if you don't feel safe in train then you have to use plane.

Please help me in this,i am in real need of help,thank u so much

What do you mean by '' help " can you explain ? what help you need ?  you can enter to your neighbor country Pakistan by Road / Train or airplane , Its simple---

hello..I am a doctor by my graduation and by profession but I am not so interested in this medical field, I love cooking and teaching.. let me know if their is any place for me in Denmark. ***********  is my contact number. :(

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : do not post personal contact details here for your own security

Asslam Alaikom  to all.
I am Furqan Saif  from Distt. Layyah, Punjab.
I am doctor by profession but I am also interested in Cooking and Teaching. :)

Hello Everyone
i'm Muzammil From Karachi Pakistan, i'm Working in Dubai Based Company.

Hi there,

I've just arrived in Islamabad and I'm looking for help for the following:
- Where's the expat community? I love to have a beer after work, but didn't see anyone in my hostel, and the only other expat I know is my boss.
- I'm looking for a place to stay, from which I could at least walk to a shop or a bar. And it has to be a UN approved guest house. Anyone knows what I'm talking about, and could recommend a place that's lively, conveniently located, and cheap ? (I know I'm asking for a lot, if you know any place that fulfils at least one criteria, please let me know).
- I'm a consultant for FAO, staying until mid December. Happy to meet any other lost soul!

Amandine

Amandine_P wrote:

Hi there,

- Where's the expat community? I love to have a beer after work, but didn't see anyone in my hostel, and the only other expat I know is my boss.
- I'm looking for a place to stay, from which I could at least walk to a shop or a bar. And it has to be a UN approved guest house. Anyone knows what I'm talking about, and could recommend a place that's lively, conveniently located, and cheap ? (I know I'm asking for a lot, if you know any place that fulfils at least one criteria, please let me know).
- I'm a consultant for FAO, staying until mid December. Happy to meet any other lost soul!

Amandine

Hi welcome to Pakistan. where you staying now ? did you feel safe here ?

Hi there dear

Don't worry about anything. If you really wanna fulfill your any desire so I can help you.  I am working in Islamabad and  know about places and public spot in Islamabad. So if want to explore and like to enjoy gathering or visit different area like bar coffee shop or parks I can provide my services.  ***.
Till then take care
Raza

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share phone numbers on the forum. You may use our private message system for that

ya my name is mohammed i am from pakistan lahore **
i want to settle at usa or england so how will you prefer me

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.
Amandine_P wrote:

Hi there,

Amandine

Hi Amandine,

Were you able to find a solution that fulfils either of the criterias? I've been around for a while, so I'm pretty sure it would be an either/or situation. I live and work in Islamabad so give me a holler if you need any help :)

Warm regards,
Julia

hello julia... i want to be in contact with u :)

my name is yasir i am from pakistan.

Hiya
My name is Samantha and I'm new in Pakistan, so far I love it, drop me a line if you want to go shopping, have coffee :0)

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=553904

Thanks! 

Closed