Thinking of moving to Edinburgh - good idea?

I'm thinking of moving to Edinburgh but it will be a complete new start for me and I guess I'm looking for words of encouragement :)

I've recently moved back home to London after living in Norway for 2.5 years. I loved Norway so much - just for the beauty, the people and outside/nature lifestyle so I was very sad to leave but for many reasons it didn't work out. I'm 34, single and I've temporarily had to move back with my parents (depressing, I know), looking for work but in my heart of hearts London is not where I want to be and I guess I'm feeling quite lost in life. I'm thinking of moving to Edinburgh as I do love the place....my best friend lives there with her husband (and are both Edinbuggers haha!) so I've had the opportunity to visit there a lot and I've always loved it. Unlike London, it's friendly and smaller - more like Norway I guess.

Has anyone else completely upped and moved to Edinburgh by themselves? Was it a good idea? Am I being completely mad for considering this???  :|

Edinburgh feel like an second home I am moving to Edinburgh

I being to Edinburgh about 20 times over my life

Hi there!

Of course you're not mad for considering moving to Edinburgh! I've recently moved from Canada to Edinburgh with a two year work visa and I love living here. I came by myself, but I did already know one friend here, which made things a bit easier. And you also have good friends here, so you'd be fine! I love London, but I know I could never live there - it's too big and overwhelming for me. I love that Edinburgh is a relatively small city with lots of green space, friendly people, and it's easy to walk almost everywhere, plus there's lots to see and do - great restaurants, nightlife, events and festivals. Plus it's an absolutely stunning city! I'd say you should definitely go for it :)

Did you decide to move? If so how are you finding it?

hey Edinburgh is a really good choice to move and you will instantly fall in love with it, as most folk do! i moved here 2 months back and it has been a total delight to be living and experiencing it! has a pretty sweet alternative scene too with lots of cool stuff going on as well as the usual obvious beauty and its cosmopolitanism.

when u thinking of moving?

I m relocating to Edinburgh on intra company transfer on 18th Oct 2015 and interested to seek midterm admission in P1 at Edinburgh for my daughter who was studying in grade I at Euro School Pune till 30th Sept 2015. Kindly guide me abt admission procedure to enable me to contact the concerned authority immediately on my arrival at Edinburgh.
Awaiting your valuable advice.
Thanks

Kindly suggest me good location near George street Edinburgh for residence as well as school as I m relocating to Edinburgh Scotland on 18th Oct 2015 on intra company transfer from Pune India.
Thanks