Want to move from Toronto, Canada to Indonesia

Hi There

I am from Toronto, Canada and would like to move to Indonesia to work and live. I have worked with FedEx Express Canada and International for over 18-years with my last role as Country Operations Manager.

Please help me in connecting with growing logistics or courier companies or with Executive Recruiters in Indonesia.

Cheers
Javed Iqbal
Toronto, Canada

My first question, are you an indonesian citizen?
2) Second Question:  Are you out of your mind?

Jakarta,
Ha Ha Ha,  why not move to Calcutta?

Kitas,
Look that up.

Pay Scale,
Look that up.
You will fit in very well with those making 4 million to 7 million a month. I assume you speak Indonesian.

Economy,
Wavering because of the dollar,  not that much exports to China, but the AUS is struggling and they really helped all of Indonesia grow.

The only people who should consider what you are thinking is an Expat is if you come from Canada or similar and get paid in that currency,  IE  Canadian Dollars.

Thailand is more fun and even friendlier.
Bangkok is very livable.
Economy on the rebound,  a great time to get in.

If you are RETIRED.
Bali is a different story.
If you have to work to live, do your research, you will need a sense of humor.

Thank you for your quick comments.  I am Canadian and never been to Indonesia nor speak Indo language.   

All I am asking is to connect me with Executive Recruiters who deals with expats for local growing and multinational companies.

Cheers

Hello Javed. The problem is that if a local person can do the job then they will not employ a foreigner. Also your experience in logistics may not help you in Indonesia. You may find more luck trying Hong Kong or Singapore of other Asian countries. Most of the major headhunters in Canada should have have branches in most Asian countries. You can probably get their contact details on the internet.

If you insist of working in Indonesia, then why not try getting a TEFL certificate and become an English Teacher and teach in one of the many English Language Schools in Indonesia.

I appreciate your tips,  I believe most of HQs are either in Singapore or HK.  Let me shift my focus a little bit.

Thanks

I agree with the prior comments.  All of the main courier services in Indonesia are based in Jakarta, and, given the choice of living and working in either Hong Kong, Singapore,  Bangkok or Jakarta, I would prefer any of the options other than Jakarta.   In order of preference I would go with Bangkok, Hong Kong, and then Singapore unless you are married and with family, in which case reverse that order.

Also, the prior comments about the difficulty for foreigners to find work here in Indonesia are accurate, but, at your level (prior country operations manager for Fed Ex) you likely would not have a problem landing a position in Jakarta if you have your heart set on living and working there. 

Good luck!

Thanks a lot guys,  it was quite an interesting day for me to learn more on the best options among these Asian countries and definately, Indonesia will not be my first port of entry even though I like to see the country.  I will now spend my time and energy in connecting with recruiter from Singapore first.

Cheers

Indonesia (Bintan Island), is but a quick ferry ride from Singapore if you end up there, so you can easily get a "taste" of Indonesia.

Once again, good luck with your planned career change.

I got it. Thanks