Hoping to network for volunteer work, paid work and make friends

Hi / oi
I've been living in Salvador for around six months, open to volunteering my time to a good cause and eventually get a job when my Portuguese improves..
Open to meeting other expats and making friends

Hello DUDA 2015 and welcome to Expat.com

I suggest you drop an advert in our Volunteering in Salvador da Bahia

This may help :top:

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi duda. I just arrived a few weeks ago. Im in that moment of meet new people. R u interested to meet new people? What is your experience about salvador and people?

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details + use the private message pls
Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : promoting your services freely on the forum is not allowed.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hi, I'm new to this forum and apologies if I am breaking the rules with this post, but I cannot see how this forum can be useful for anything if a post suggesting a cultural space is not allowed. The original poster wrote that he is interested in meeting other foreigners in salvador and making friends, and  also finding out about volunteering. I responded by posting a link and details to a bookshop-café-cultural-space as a suggestion of a place to meet like-minded people and find out what is going on in the cultural scene of the city.  My post was removed as if I was breaking a rule in relation to trying to advertise something commercial. I think this is quite a short-sighted view, both in terms of what these forums may be used for and also a misunderstanding of the role a small independent bookshop plays in a region where there are so few spaces for contemporary cultural exchange.

H British in Bahia,

New members are not permitted to post outside links. That's your problem. Once you've been around for a while, you'll find out how things work here. If you're trying to advertise or promote your own enterprise that's what we have a CLASSIFIEDS section and DIRECTORY for.

Just like new members must activate their private message privileges, by participating in the forums with a number of "meaningful" postings before their mailboxes get unlocked.

Some things will appear much different to you in time, trust me. We've all been there before, good thing is that you're only a "newbie" once!

Cheers,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team