New members of the Switzerland forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Switzerland forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Switzerland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Switzerland forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi My Name I Leon Aristodemou , I'm a Private Chef living canton Valais and would be happy to be in contact with any Greeks living In Switzerland as well as any other Nationals from the international community living in Switzerland.
I also speak , French , Greek and a little German .

Bonjour à tous

Je vois du texte anglais en majorité, mais beaucoup de Suisses parlent en français

Je suis intéressé par ce qu'il se passe en Grèce.

J'ouvre les yeux.

Jm mathey

Hi my name is Cathy Paraskevas.  I am also Greek. Have recently moved to Switzerland from South Africa and live in the canton of Zug. I speak no German only English , Greek and Afrikaans.  I am an attorney and a lecturer. Would love to meet some Greek people in Switzerland.

Good afternoon, my life project would be done essentially to work in information technology and / or telecommunications. I have a huge passion for engineering. create a strong support base, create friendships. I have a dream to participate in a technological project convista to give more shortcut to my knowledge in the technological area

Hi,

I have recently moved to Switzerland from South Africa for one year.. I am an aupair working in dully ( close to nyon, Lausanne, Geneva ) looking to meet up or get to know any other English speakers, or people from South Africa.. I am learning French, and can understand basic German as well as Afrikaans.

Hello,

I recently moved to Zurich from Shanghai, China to be with my boyfriend who lives and works here. I am an English teacher and still looking for work. In the meantime I am on summer holiday and have time to enjoy and explore the city. I am American, but speak Spanish and English. If anyone is interested in learning English or just want to meet another expat to explore the city with let me know :)

Hi, will be coming to Switzerland in august. Looking to meet Pakistani community

Hi my self Mohammad Ateeq and I'm from India I'm working in India as safety officer that's my trade

Hey am from africa too.Nigeria to be precise.i would get to swiss in december.i look forward to metting you.and other kind people including nigerians and africans

Am from Nigeria and moving to switzerland hopefull december.i feel so excited.my first travel outside.please i please beg for kind friends to show me around the country and how things are done there,,how i can fit in,,get a job and get my permit.i am quiet and gentles LOL atleast people tell me that so i hope not to be an inconvenience for anyone.am ibo.i want to reach out to other nigerians ibo to please message me if can be of help too.
Am looking forward to being in swiss...
Thank you all

Hi,

My name is Carmit, I am a soprano singer living in Basel almost 3 years!
I came here to study early music.
I am a freelance musician, singing concerts al over Europe, and teaching vocal lessons here in Basel.

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : free ad is not allowed

I am Tesfay Asmelash From Addis Ababa-Ethiopia. Now I alredy Graduate in civil Engineering from Aksum University-Ethiopia With 6 months experience in the governance company 'Ethiopian Construction Project Management Institute /ECPMi/,So I need to join to the Democratic country Switzerland.In addition to that I can speak English.

Hello everyone am coco from kenya just moved to switzerland recently looking to meet new friends and fellow kenyans in berne switzerland.

Hi,
My name is Robbie Phillips from Cape Town, South Africa now living in Switzerland.

Hello my name is Panagiotis Maragkakis and im 29 years old.
It was  always my dream to move to swiss especially Basel and now it seems possible.
I am trying to find a job there for so long it seems so far i currently work in sales department in a Greek company and have experience as Sales Representative and Area supervisor i am looking for any job cause my girlfriend is there and im trying so hard to have a life there for both of us.
If anyone can help on this matter it would be miracle i speak excelent English and my native is Greek.
thanx in advance.

Hello all
Relocated with my family 2 yrs ago.
I work in Finance, but my interests vary: music, yoga, heathy organic living, nature, reading, cooking, travelling.
Regards

Hi everyone.my name is arah castro.i am 28 years old .i studied nursing but i didnt finish it.ive work as a housemaid and now that i am new here .i wanted to find a job.either full or part time.pls contact me through my email which is: ++++
Thank u very much

Hello everyone.

My name is UTA0719. I currently live and work in Tokyo but am thinking about moving to Switzerland.
There are 2 reasons: Firstly its because Im thinking about getting married to my swiss girl friend who I've been going out with for almost 4 years.
Secondly, I want to work abroad. I can't imagine myself working as  a "salary men" in Japan for rest of my life. I don't want to devote all my life to work...Lol
Switzerland has a good reputation for working environment and it seems attractive for me.

I would like to get to know people living and working there.
And also looking forward to knowing what your life is like.

Any advice will be helpful for me.
Thanks in advance :)

Hello! 

I'm completely new to blogging. This will officially be my first blog ever! To sum things up; I am Canadian 😍🇨🇦 Born and raised.  I will be marrying my Swiss Fiancé very soon and relocating to Zurich.  I am basically trying to get as much information as I possibly can at this point and was wondering if there is any other Canadian or expat in general that has started a new life in Zurich from scratch.  By "scratch" I mean I have no college degree or formal training and I don't speak German 😟 So...aside from learning the languag(if anyone can give me a recommendation to a Language Learning Center for English speaking adults it would help) I really need some sound advice as to how I can begin making an income while learning the language.  Thanks!
-Terrence

Athens, 31st August 2015

LETTER OF INTRODUCTION

Dear Friends,

My name is Ilias, I am 55 years old,  I live in Greece, married with two dependants and I really need to work and I would LOVE to get a position as a  private Chauffeur, a security guard or gardener/landscaper with any company in the French speaking part of Switzerland.
I am driving for over 35 years with NO penalties ever of damages or
accidents.   I am sure that my greek driver's licence can easily be changed.
Due to our line of business in the small hotel industry and the retail business over the years as per my resume that I could send you, I had to deal regularly with high-end customers who expected an excellent service.
I personally believe that the position of a private chauffeur would really suit my personality as I am honest, POLITE, tidy, hard-working, presentable and I have an excellent sense of responsibility and you would not regret giving me an opportunity even on a trial basis.
I speak English and Greek fluently – I was born in an English speaking country and myschooling was done in English - and I have an average good knowledge of French.
Thanking you in advance for helping me if you can.
Sincerely Yours,

ILIAS IOANNIS XYDIARIS

Hello
Iam From Nepal since 2009 till 2012 I was in Switzerland, and every year travelling to Switzerland as well. Iam 40 years old married with swiss woman.last august 17th we flight back to Nepal from zurich.
while I was Switzerland I not find any job,cause I not have Germany Language and Experience of the work.My life here Nepal 18 Years working Mountain Trekking guide and my guiding time I met My wife we are so much Happy toughter as well.
Now since 2015 we couple both are Nepal Kathmandu thamel. Regester Trekking agency happyhimalaya.com
Last April 25th In Nepal we had big earth quick and again No turist for a while. we now thinking If there any kind of job we like to move Switzerland for few month. anyone Have job or any Idea how we get Job. regards dilliram

I am from Ghana and currently pursuing my PhD (SMC University) Switzerland by distance learning and I have plans of moving to Switzerland to finish up the course and look for better future prospects, and make new friends.

Hello interesting to know you are a lecturer. That is nice and great

Hi Donnalee,
This is Hanah  .I just arrived to Switzerland a short time ago to work like an au pair.I would like to get some information about the au pairs housework.The family want me to do all the housework, without any restriction, their own room and bathroom as well. Do the swiss laws for au pairs allow me to do all the work? I thought that only light housework is allowed.
      Would you help me , please?

Thanks for message to me. Absolutely I love living and work  in Switzerland .someone if want to a housemaid I 'm ready to that.i don't want to a big salary. I want to living and work only.if you can help me go to the lovely Switzerland.

I wait your reply
Kind Regards!!!

I am krishmali
From Sri Lanka

Hello Everyone ,
I am Mahmoud from Egypt , I work as a pharmacist and I am planing to move to Geneva next November (after two months ) And I seek for help from Geneva`s people to give me some information and to practice French with them because I am still a beginner ,
waiting for your replies new friends :)

Hello ma'am I would like to work with you. I am living in Sri Lanka. I want to go Switzerland. If you can please help me.

Kind regards

I am krishmali

Thanks for message. Yes I want to work in Switzerland but I don't wwnt big salary. Yes I need more details

Kind regards

Hi
I live in Switzerland for many years.  I am retired but working part time for a Japanese company. I sell water ionizers and a very good compensation.  You might be interested to do selling online and worldwide. You can send me your email and will send you details.  Best regards,
vicky

Hello everyone,

For those who are offering job, could you please post an advert in the jobs in Switzerland section?

This topic is for the introduction of new members.

Thank you.

Hello Dear friends
Iam from Nepal, I married swiss woman, since 2008, and since 2009 till 2012 I was in Switzerland, yes Life quality is Great better then any country else. There also expencive and big tax system,I say Switzerland is for just visit for shorten time really beautiful but long stay really hard.
regards dilliram

Hello thanks for message me. Yes I know long time live in there is very hard but I like. I want to come there or shorten time but I canno get visa  here.its very hard to me.we are 3rd country nation so not easy get vusa.if you can help me please

Regards

Hello All!

I have just moved to Geneva from the UK, looking to meet new people!

I'm 22 years old, recently graduated from university. Have just started a job in the vernier area!

:)

Hello! I am Barry, from Taiwan :), an exchange student in Lausanne for one semester.
I really like this beautiful country and hope that I can make some more friends here. I am also looking for people in Lausanne who speak French or German and want to learn Chinese as language exchange. English will be the the basic communication tool. Also if someone want to practice English together is welcome! Let's have fun together in Lausanne!

Hi, I'm Louis, 25, from Paris, American and French, born and raised in Paris and now settled in Geneva.

Working hours are about motorsport and classic cars within the FIA and for the rest, well, I'm trying to meet people and friends here, beer is a good tool but so far, I've tryed very hard with very little success..! Anything is welcome, places, restaurant, nightlife or whatever. Also a runner, so come and have a go with me.

Louis.  :D

New, 22 looking for some mates!

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=529777

Thanks!

Closed