New members of the Hungary forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Hungary forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Hungary if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Hungary forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hello All,

My name is Diana with an English husband, we use to live in Luton , now we are living in Hungary, we are looking for new English speaking friends as my hubby's hungarian is not much, love to meet up with them, thank you for reading this, have a good day  :);)

I noticed that you reside in Szekesfehervar. I'll be arriving there next week from Key West.I already have an apt. and my cousin is a local.I do speak the language fluently and would like to meet some english speaking expats.Drop me a note. :)

Hello: Arrived in beautiful Budapest from Canada a few weeks ago with my two little doggies. We are currently going to Poland for a few months to do research and then returning to Budapest.  Although I am trying to learn a bit of Hungarian, (which is quite difficult) I still would like to get to know some English speaking expats. I enjoy hiking, mystery movies, good music and getting together with good friends for dinner. I enjoy the outdoors and consider myself quite adventurous.

Hi

I have been in Budapest a month, I come from the UK  and am looking for new friends to hang out with. I work in the week but am around at weekends would love to visit the city have seen some parts of the city but it's not the same on your own 😒

Thanks Marie

Hi everyone!

My name is Daniel and I'm half German, half Hungarian living in Budapest for more than a decade. It may be interesting to get to know the world by not only traveling but getting to know expats in Budapest.

Best wishes,
Daniel

My name is Peter.

I am a native Californian and New Yorker, and have recently made Pecs, my new home base. I have visited Hungary for a month each on three previous visits. I chose Pecs because of the university and the cultural arts, as well as friends I have made here. I live in the old part of the city, and am interested in meeting other English speaking people.

I travel to Budapest at least once a month to visit dear friends. I am 62 years old, single, the father of three adult kids and two darling grandchildren. I write books and teach workshops integrating Spirituality and Jungian psychology in the US. I hope to teach workshops through the Anglican Episcopal Church in Budapest, as well as in Pecs. I'm interested in making new friends of all ages and interests. I've always wanted to live in Europe and now is a great time to start this adventure. 

I am learning Hungarian and will become a dual US Hungarian citizen hopefully within a year. I will be teaching in the US for a month at a time in September, February and April, and will be visiting friends in China the last part of October through the middle of November. The rest of the time I will be here in Pecs.

Pecs is such a lovely city. It's similar in size to Eugene, Oregon, my last home before deciding to move to Hungary. I just attended concerts this afternoon of the week-long Europa Cantat Festival. I heard a fantastic women's choir from Japan alongside a local Hungarian women's high school choir, in the acoustically fabulous St. Ferenc RC Church (St. Francis) in the inner varos (city). A total joy! 

I hope to meet some of you or at least, meet you online. Thanks for allowing me to join your forum.

Peter Fritsch
Pecs

Hi! I'm moving to Budapest in 10 days with my husband and baby. We are staying for 2 years. I speak English and Spanish and will be working all day. My husband speaks Spanish and very basic English. We are arriving on August 16.
We don't know anyone there nor the country at all.
Thanks!
Lucia

Hi,
I'm Cristian, currently living in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, and planning to move to Budapest in the fall. I speak fluently romanian, english and german.

Hello Readers,

Ive been in Zalaapati in Hungary now for 3 Months,and have not spoken a word of English to anyone for a while,nor any Hungarian either. Well discovering a source for communication would be a lifeline,Skype or even pen friends would be welcomed. Im presently looking for collaborators & freelance Agents who can help me market a New Brand International Television Channel Franchise. "One World Television Channel"

Hi Peter,

Read Your blog with interest,as My life journey quest of Real Self discover once began with Jung when i was 13.

Your workshops sound interesting to, i am probably likewise such as your self more of a Transformer catalyst than someone looking for transformation,ive been through those fires,and dark knights of the spear-its into a new resurrected attained life.

Best,

Anton.

Mercurien wrote:

Hello Readers,

Ive been in Zalaapati in Hungary now for 3 Months,and have not spoken a word of English to anyone for a while,nor any Hungarian either. Well discovering a source for communication would be a lifeline,Skype or even pen friends would be welcomed. Im presently looking for collaborators & freelance Agents who can help me market a New Brand International Television Channel Franchise. "One World Television Channel"

Hello Mercurien

An advert in the related field of the site is more appropriate for the search of collaborators you are presently undergoing :

> Business partners classifieds in Hungary

Regards
Kenjee

Hi,u are romanian?I am from Cluj Napoca and I am searching an appartment to rent in Hungary for my familly,if u speak romanian please tell me

Hello,
          I have a small Cottage in Hungary, Zalaapati. There are two rooms,kitchen bathroom,hall and loft. Also a very large garden with orchard,vegetable plot,garage,out building 2.4 acres of land & barbecue space. Rent is £240 per month, for 1 year only. Please contact if interested.

Im a 32year old Norwegian girl who just moved to Budapest to live with my bf (whos been living here 15years). Im looking to get to know others in the same demographic as myself & if not Norwegian then English speaking 😉. -ingelin-

Hi,

Me and my husband just moved to Budapest from Finland. My husband is working in KPMG and I'm a co-owner in a company offering triathlon and cycling camps abroad. I'm also an eager cyclist and triathlete so if anyone needs a training partner in swimming/cycling/running, let me know. :)

We are also up for any activities and it would be great meeting english/swedish/finnish speaking people. I can speak some spanish also. Hope to see you! :)

Hello,
My name is Rania, I'm Lebanese married to an Italian, with 2 boys. We just moved to Budapest from Cairo, where we stayed for almost 4 years. I was playing there 3 to 4 times a week so I'm looking for a nice place here to restart my activity (preferrably with a certified coach) and I don't mind at all finding new partners to play with.
I still don't know anything about the city, but I can feel that it's quite welcoming!!
Appreciate any info given.
Rania

Hi , I moved to hungary with my husband
I have a few queries with obtaining a work permit. Can some one help me?

will arrive to Budapest on 12th September please advice about the recent refugees situation is it gonna conflict my vacation and precautions i should follow to enjoy this trip safely thx in advance

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details + post in the jobs section pls
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank u Ben. I ll send u my Cv across.Can you please enlighten me witth the visa process..

Hi,

I'm an HR sourcer living in Budapest, always looking for speakers of all kinds of languages.

Feel free to PM me if you're looking for a job.

Have fun in Hungary!

Hello everyone I have no pm so pm.me your Skype or Facebook ciao

Hello! I'm a Singaporean who's intending to move to Budapest in October.
Looking forward to live in this lovely city and meet new friends!  :D

Hello,

I'm an American who just moved here less than a week ago. I could do with making some friends. I've lived in Spain before so I'm Spanish-speaker friendly.

If anyone wants to meet up for a coffee or a beer or a museum, feel free to message me!

Erica

Hi, I moved to Budaest about 4 weeks ago. Norwegian, but has lived in the US. If you want to grab a coffey let me know! Ingelin😀

Hello everyone,
   Am Willie and am from Nigeria (Africa). Am actually a student here in the Budapest university of technology and economics. I have 5 years to stay in Hungary which am also looking for a job. I speak English very well and where I came from, English is the general language  :). Am actually a friendly and social person. If your looking for someone like me, i promise you will be happy to meet Me.  :top:

Hi Everyone,

My name is sunny and I am originally from India currently living in USA for past six years. I have visited/lived in 5 different countries which includes Canada(10 months), Australia (3 months), New zealand (6 months), Brazil (2 months), Italy(20 days). I am a vivid traveller and like visiting and meeting new people. I love to drive and a big car Mod mechanic. :)

I recently met this amazing girl from budapest and want to learn more about hungary and budapest. I have decided to move to budapest sometime in sept 2016 to study master from one of univ here. Hope to learn more about the culture and the country.

P.S - I am planning to take hungarian classes to at least get some basic knowledge about the language. huraayyy...

Sunny aka Akki

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=529744

Thanks!

Closed