Volunteering in Singapore

Hi,

While living abroad, some expats wish to get involved in the local community life.

What organizations expats can turn to if they want to volunteer in Singapore?

How to join a charitable institution, what are the steps?

Which causes have the greatest need for volunteers in Singapore?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience and advice,

Maximilien

How about Singapore Red Cross? Head over to their headquarters to inquire on how to get involved. :-)

I have volunteered at Alzheimer's Disease Association - ADA and would say that they do need a lot of volunteers. But as you are assisting with elderly, a basic knowledge of any of the dialects would be nice. There are many among the elderly who do speak fluent English so you might be paired with them. The programs are usually teaching photography (very basic), visit to the museums and farms, artcrafts. September is the world's Alzheimer's month so it's a good opportunity to learn more of what ADA does.

Singapore Council of Women's Organisations | 96 Waterloo Street, Singapore 187967
E. [email protected] | | T. +65 6837 0611 | F. +65 6837 0081| W. scwo.org.sg

I am volunteering as a mentor at Aidha. They do fantastic work with domestic helpers, by offering them a mini MBA, so they can set up their own business back in their homecountries and get more empowered. They are always in need of more mentors/volunteers!
Their mission/vision:
http://www.aidha.org/about-aidha/mission-vision/
And how to become a volunteer:
http://www.aidha.org/volunteer-aidha/be … volunteer/
Marjanne

Marjanne thanks for the info, this is very interesting!

or you can try talk to local churches they do have charity event that need volunteers

Cool! It's a wonderful organisation and also as a mentor gives you the opportunity to learn a lot!

Thanks Marjanne82...That sounds interesting to me too What is your level of commitment like? And, do you, as a volunteer have flexibility as to what and when you contribute?

Very interesting information on volunteer work. thank u.