What do you like the most in Bahrain?

Hi,

Living abroad, expats discover and enjoy a new environment.

What do you like the most in Bahrain?

What seduced you when settling and living here?

Share with us your favorite part of living in Bahrain and the reason why you enjoy your expat life here.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

I guess what I like most is that it's like a cocktail of many cultures from around the world

What i like most here ?

The good quality of life
The diverse community 
No rain
The large variety of malls available in the country
The tasty Middle Eastern dishes
:)

Speaking of cocktails....I like the Friday brunch phenomena. I want to try every one :P
-Mike

I like everything in Bahrain, But the hot weather.

1. Bahrain has so much to offer it is easy to fall in love with the place and the people. First of all it is a very peaceful and safe place for expats. You can walk alone at night or drive from one corner of the country to the other without fear for your safety. Little kids roam about the shops and the market places buying groceries and candies in complete comfort which is taken from granted. Yes there would be a few tyres burnt every week by dedicated anti-government youths but that is not targetted at expats who remain mostly unpreturbed by that and it is best not to go near such sites at that time.

2. The people are extremely friendly. From the airport (out in 15 minutes) to the nationals you will find that people are friendly. I would say they are one of the friendliest in the GCC. It is easy to make friends with Bahrainis and they are welcoming people. They have been exposed to foreigners visiting their country and working as expats and also they are used to travelling too. UK, Europe, Egypt, UAE, Malaysia etc appear to be popular destinations

3. It is still very economic to live in Bahrain in terms of the cost of living as compared to the UAE. Property prices and rentals are easily about 50% of Dubai levels.

4. There are lots of activities for people interested in art, culture or sports.

5. Diversity - 50% of the population is expat which is a rich mix of Asians, Arabs and Europeans.

6. Easy to find household help

7. Beautiful experience during Ramadhans, Some excellent mosques and famous Imams with recitation of Quran to die for!

8. Last but not the least the culinary delights!. And so much Halal food!

I have heard 'best part of my life' from many leaving expats

Regards

I am materialistic and shallow minded person, so Bahrain is the place for me.  Bahrain is one of those places where I can enjoy diverting attention from my lack of intellect by showing off my overly expensive car.  It's also a great place for 4's and 5's to be treated like 9's and 10's, and to go through the experience of actually rejecting a human being from the other gender.

We love it here :)

I love the Shawarma sold at Siraaj near Adliya  :kiss:

Simply it is calm, colored and cost effective country; you can have nice experience there, I am not sure if it is suitable for long living plans as the economy resources are limited.