International Schools in Bangalore

Hello,
We are moving to Bangalore and need to find a good school for our 4 children. It is difficult to tell how good the schools are via websites. Can I get some advice first hand from expats? What is the best English-speaking school in Bangalore?
Thank you,

hey,

good morning..hope you doing good. well what kind of schools are you looking for?? which area of bangalore are you planning to move. I stay in whitefield, which has two good schools. The International School Bangalore(TISB) is one such reputed school which you can check about..

We need an American (don't think there is one in Bangalore) or British school probably, or one that has a strong IB program. The school will determine where we will live.  What school is considered the best international IB school in Bangalore? Do you have children that go there?

Hi Expatcricket!

Welcome to Expat.com! :).

Sheetul.

well,give me a day or two.. there are good schools here in bangalore.. like I said TISB is really popular among the expatriates. there's even greenwood high, if i'm not wrong. which again is a popular option..

Thank you! i will check out Stonehill - had not seen that one.

hey did you find about the schools??

Expatcricket,
It would indeed be nice to share your info here - as suggested by dilip pinto. It might be useful for other expats! :)
Thanks

Hi expats

Welcome to Bangalore !

I have seen lots of reply about your schooling option. We have also faced same problem when we arrived Bangalore last year.

As an expats i would suggest you to personally visit all schools and then decide.
When you visit any schools,please ask these questions....

* Check out no. of foreign nationalities.
* No. of expats faculties.
* Class Sizes (In India generally class sizes are (45-60)
* Extra Curricular Activities they offer.
* Infrastructure and FEES

NOTE- Because in Bangalore all schools claim to be an International School.

We took almost 1 month to decide on school.Then one of my ex- colleague suggested a school called- TRIO WORLD SCHOOL, which is a premier British International school in Bangalore.

We visited this school and found all my answers. Our kids like its lively and colorful classes.

Trio's Feature- trioworldschool.com

They have almost 24 nationalities kids.
They have almost expats faculties (please interact with them)
Class size is are max- 12 kids

As an expats i would like to Include TRIO as an option. Please visit them, once you are in Bangalore.

I can help you in finding accommodation too.

Bye :)

expatcricket wrote:

Hello,
We are moving to Bangalore and need to find a good school for our 4 children. It is difficult to tell how good the schools are via websites. Can I get some advice first hand from expats? What is the best English-speaking school in Bangalore?
Thank you,

My wife, son and  I are at Trio World School, of the schools around I believe this small but excellent school following the Montessori and UK curriculum allows for the children to grow from the moment they arrive here.  Ages 2.5 through to senior graduation, this school has been a wonderfully positive experience for our teenager.  If you require any further info check out trioworldschool.com or feel free to email me at the school. Happy to offer any help I can if you are still looking for a school for your children. Bud Chapman

Hi, I'm looking for a good school with american curriculum. My son will enter grade 9, so we are looking for AP courses in the curriculum.

just one advise : do not come near BIS : Bangalore international school!
Try canadian School, Ebenezer international school, Inventure...
Go and see the school before choosing!

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

I can recommend on Oakridge International School its a good one with nice balance of academics and activities.I have my child enrolled with them .You can contact Mr. Satish#8088160694 he is helped us through with the admission process and fee payment.

Hi

I also moved to India last year from America and I was looking for international schools in Bangalore. One of my cousins suggested me Orchids The International School where the curriculum framework is provided by Cambridge International Primary Programme.

Orchids The International School
Behind PF quarters, Near HMT Theatre, Sector-2, HMT colony, Jalahalli,
Bangalore.
Contact no: 080- 60017100/ 32569306/ 23456512

Orchids have started other branches in Bangalore - BTM Layout, Sarjapur Road, BTM Layout, Mysore Road and Nagarbhavi. School admissions are still open for 2014.

try orchids international school it may be good for you

I would like to inform about Inventure Academy International School.It is one of the best school in Bangalore with World class campus and affordable fees.I visited them and was really impressed.My child is enrolled with them and loves going to school.

Well I face similar problem while I am back from London to India i am afraid about my child where to join.I figure out for many schools but I am not satisfied with all (the way they teach).One of my colleague suggest me Oakridge International School then I walk-in to find out. I am very surprise to find a school which is having same curriculum as my child studied in London School.Faculty is simply great as many are foreign teachers. I suggest you to go to that school or you can find thru online.Hope you will definitely find it as a better place to get admission.If you need any further help leave your number.
Thanks

Hello, I checked Orchids a few days back but wasn't impressed with the classrooms and staff behavior there. The classrooms were dark and the staff looked careless while the pre-primary kids were having lunch - there was no teacher around them.

Anyways, how are the academics here? If the academics are good, other aspects may be ignored.

Hi zillionvolts,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that you posted on an old thread.

For better replies, I advise you to start a new discussion with all your questions regarding international Schools in Bangalore on the Bangalore forum.

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Hi

As they are many good schools around Bangalore which follows good standards of education. They 3 schools in bangalore which provides good curriculum
1. Canadian School
2. Bangalore international school
3. Oakridge International School

I prefer Oakridge as my son is doing grade 3 in that school which had good infrastructure, good class environment like for every 12 children they will a teacher who guides them, Good activities as well.

Thanks

inventureacademy.com/-International School is studying at Inventure Academy inventureacademy.com/-International School for the last 3 years and I'm extremely happy about my decision of choosing Inventure over other schools. One thing which really stands out at Inventure is that the environment is very friendly and nurturing. Students, faculty and the management are very comfortable with each other. The curriculum exposes a child to multitude of experiences, as opposed to being solely focused on book learning.

While looking for the best school for my son last year, my friend recommended me to visit candorschool.edu.in-candor International School, Electronic city, Bangalore. After visiting the school, I was extremely happy about the education structure & extra-curricular facilities offered by the school to children at a very young age

casa cottage wrote:

just one advise : do not come near BIS : Bangalore international school!
Try canadian School, Ebenezer international school, Inventure...
Go and see the school before choosing!

Yes, Parents should go and see the school's atmosphere, campus structure and all other facilities before choosing it to their children. And also ask the review about those schools from the people who already have good or bad experiences.

Hi
They 5 schools in bangalore which provides good education
1. Bishop's Cotton School
2. New Indus Valley Residential School
3. Greenwood High International.
4. New Baldwin Residential School
5. St Marks Public School

Thanks

Thank you dear, Because i am  moving to banglore and i wanted to know about the best international schools in their.. It will help me to manage everything.thanks!  :D

Hi All!

I am moving to Bangalore next month. I have a 4 years old daughter and I want to send her to a good international school there. Her previous school (Preschool) followed British Curriculum. Can anyone suggest good international schools in Bangalore please!

Hi there,

I was a teacher in Bangalore for 3 years. If you must have IB education I would ONLY recommend Stonehill. TISB is an amazing school if you are happy for the children to learn from the international Cambridge curriculum (they only offer IB DP). I wouldn't even consider the other schools.

Hope this helps :)

karthikp204 wrote:

Hi
They 5 schools in bangalore which provides good education
1. Bishop's Cotton School
2. New Indus Valley Residential School
3. Greenwood High International.
4. New Baldwin Residential School
5. St Marks Public School

Thanks

As a previous educator in Bangalore, I would only recommend these schools if you would like an Indian type of education.  As an expat none of the above would have been suitable for my child.

1. TISB (CIPP) or Stonehill (FULL IB)
2. Canadian International
3. Indus (visit there first- I personally didn't like the classrooms)