Money in Turkey

Transfer money into another persons account here , seems to be a problem,
from english to Turkish bank is a problem
i am finding this and am getting charged a lot from my bank  for changing money from ATM all the time
any answers would be appreciated
Thanks Pam..:)

Hi Pam,

I am not sure if you are clear here.

Are you trying to retrieve money from your bank in Britain through an ATM in Turkey?
Or are you trying to transfer money from your British account to another person' account here by using an ATM?

Z

yes but its not a solution, as i have to give to the rent lady, isnt there a easier option i have a cheque book so to pay her with that may be less charges  everytime i make a tranaction atm or shopping there is a charge from my bank i England  cant i try and change banks here another option ??would be the ideal answer  as i am intending to stay long term ?
thanks Pam..:)

Pam,

Usually the ATM charges are not so high if you are making a transaction between two local banks.

Since you are planning to stay long term in Turkey I would suggest that you open up a local bank account and perform monetary transactions through that account while you are staying in Turkey.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't please feel free to ask anything that is still unclear.
Z

Thanks...it's going to be sorted out Wednesday got to get a tax number to open an account here thank you Pam :)..

Great!

Yes I have the same problem its better for you transfer money bu money gram for transfer 3000 $
It will cost 100$

It is so easy . What currency you like to send . If you open all type of bank account ( dolar , pound, euro , turkish lira ) and if you know how to use online bank system it will be so cheap and fast also you don't need wait line in the bank. Also you can use ATM bank machine..