Volunteering in Poland

Hi,

While living abroad, some expats wish to get involved in the local community life.

What organizations expats can turn to if they want to volunteer in Poland?

How to join a charitable institution, what are the steps?

Which causes have the greatest need for volunteers in Poland?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience and advice,

Maximilien

No  problem
what interests you?

scopy wrote:

No  problem
what interests you?

Hello Scopy

For info, Maximilien is part of the Expat.com Team, and is presently taking a survey about Volunteering in Poland.

All questions are in the first post.

Could you please name a fee volunteering organizations in Poland?

Regards
Kenjee

(This message may have already been posted, partially.)

An English native speaker can offer to translate into English, or proofread/edit something already translated. This is often appreciated, not least by the bilingual Pole in the organization who has been saddled with "typing it in English" by people with no idea how difficult it is to translate into a language not one's own. Of course, there are situations where translations should be paid for, but we are talking about volunteer work here.

Volunteer work gets you no respect in Poland.

Let me be clear as someone who has walked the walk in Warsaw (as well as, by comparison, Montreal and Toronto), you will always find someone willing to accept whatever you have to give. It's like the old Polish story about people lining up just so as to get whatever it is the other people have lined up to receive. But it won't buy you anything here. So if you're just looking to spend some time and do not mind neither making contacts for work nor friends for a social life, then Warsaw is your place.

I am interested in volunteering in the Warsaw area. I would like a list of available locations/events.

I'd like to see more advocacy for dog amenities throughout Poland. There is a particular need in Warsaw. The places where dogs can run and play and be free -- what they really love to do -- are very limited. And a well-exercised dog brings calm to a family; it is in general good for the health of the entire family.