Work from home

Hi guys, how are you? I am from Philippines.  Do you know a company where I can work from home? I am in Colombia for almost 5 months and just moved to Facatativa 2 weeks ago. I prefer working online. Do you know anything? I have experience in customer service representative in Philippines (Call center). The accounts I handled were taget.com and sprint. I also have experience working in ship for 7 months and a real estate agent. I can communicate well in English and have skills in computer. Thanks. =). Anyway I love Colombia sooo much! I love the place (mountains and the fresh air) and the fooddddd!!!

Hello violamarieb

For all job hunts, I suggest you drop an advert in the dedicated space on the site :

> Jobs offers in Bogota

Wish you luck in your Job hunt.

Regards
Kenjee

Hola violamarieb
I have a friend who worked in call centers here in Bogota, and it seems they are in constant search for English speakers.  if you can speak decent Spanish (you'll have to communicate with your field supervisor in Spanish), you should have a look at it! From top of my head, they're ready to pay around 1,5 million pesos for English speaking people.

You may check this job board: computrabajo.com.co/ofertas-de-trabajo/empleos-de-callcenter-telemercadeo

Hello.  How are you?  would you be interestes in teaching english online?

I agree the air and the land and the fooood is incredible here.  I used to live in China for ten years, so it's a really nice change.  I have a website that I'm working with called Colombia-English.com that I might need some help with.

I'm also promoting it on Facebook at

facebook.com/pages/Colombia-English/1649316115292004

if you want to check that out.  If things work out I might need some help with Online students.

Wanting to move to Colombia.  I'm from Houston,Texas USA
Needing a job any help as to how I can obtain a job in Colombia I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum.

Hello,

As a native English speaker, there is no shortage of work as an EFL teacher in the many language schools here - and it can be quite well paid. If you want to be earning at the higher end of the scale, I would strongly recommend that you come with a CELTA qualification (or equivalent) though you can do it here; CELTA seems to carry the most weight here. It is a fairly costly investment ( I paid $1800 two years ago), but it has, at least for me, opened many doors and afforded me many opportunities for work.

Having said that, many gringos here work as private English teachers, which can be a good gig - yet, it is not the most consistent of incomes (people cancel all the time). As long as you have and enforce very clear ground rules, the loss of income from cancelled classes can be minimised.

With regards to your visa, many English schools here will sponsor your work visa, but then you remaining in the country is linked to your job. Normally, that isn´t an issue, but some of the companies here take advantage of that and stop you from doing private classes.

Or, as previously mentioned in this thread, there are many call centre companies that would snap up a native English speaker. Other employment opportunities would depend very much on your fluency in Spanish. In general, there are many opportunities in Colombia; you will probably identify them once you´re here.

I hope that helps, even if just a little.

How do I apply to a call center?  My Spanish is limited,even my residence in colombia is cartagena.want a job in cartagena as my house is there.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Off topic + Sharing of personal contact infos on forum not allowed
Grindl-POP wrote:

I agree the air and the land and the fooood is incredible here.  I used to live in China for ten years, so it's a really nice change.  I have a website that I'm working with called Colombia-English.com that I might need some help with.

I'm also promoting it on Facebook at

facebook.com/pages/Colombia-English/1649316115292004

if you want to check that out.  If things work out I might need some help with Online students.

If the OP isn't interested, I would love to help, that sounds right up my alley. I've been Virtual Assisting for years now, and am actually in Cajicá as well.

I was just talking to a friend from the Phillipines the other night, and thinking how interesting it is how many cultural similarities there are.

Here is a site I have signed up for to Work at Home from: https://www.peopleperhour.com/site/regi … =1036803.1

There are a couple more I registered with that offer all kinds of things. Best of luck!

Thank you very much

Yes I am ☺☺☺☺ which site i should visit?

Yey! Count me in as a tutor for your website. Soon. ☺☺☺

Thanks! I ll visit the site