One year Dominican visa with work permit HELP!!!!

Hi Guys,

I arrived here a couple of months ago and seriously contemplating staying here. However, I just wanted to run something by you all. I arrived on a tourist visa and have now been offered a job with one of the largest international schools in S.D. but I need a work permit. I was recommended a lawyer, so I contacted him. He has told me that he can get me a one year Dominican Visa with work permit for $1300. Does that sound feasible? does the price sound right for this one year work visa?

Thanks very much in advance,
Jose

Does not sound out of line at all. If you want another opinion contact Wilson Rood [email protected]    He speaks English and is in SD.

You realize you have to go home to do some of the paperwork first right?

Hi planner!

Thanks a lot for your usual lightning fast reply.

I though I had to go home too. However, he told me that If I have my criminal record certificate and birth certificate apostilled, I don't need to go anywhere?? I've checked with the embassy and they can legalize both documents online?

Jose

Are tourist cards good for 30days and what about for 4-6 months what does it take to obtain a visa/permit or tourist card for up to 1 year in DR  !!  Where to obtain these cards to reside for 3months up to 1 year ??

Hi,

My lawyer can do you a one year for $1300 if you have a criminal record check and birth certificate apostilled.

Planner !!  If I travel to DR for 6 months what do I need to do ??  What will it cost to obtain 6 months visa ?

Planner !!  I'm retired so I don't need a work permit I'm only there to reside for up 6 months at a time and then come back to USA for a few months and go back to DR again for a few months and so forth !!  ??? thanks

What are the tourist cards fees and length of time they cover for USA citizens !!  I'm interested on the up to 1yr (12mo) tourist card  !!  Can someone help !!1 LOL  :)

Are you kidding ??  you mean $1300 USD for 1 year tourist card !!!!  that must be to have work permit !! I'm talking tourist cards for one year !!

It is not a tourist card for a year but a work visa.

If you are staying just a year as we said before just pay the exit fine.

Bob K

That sounds much better than the attorney That was recommended for me. She wants $2800.00 because her husband is American and she speaks English. Charging $200.00 to get a little stamp per document, when the Embassy only charges $50.00 per transaction.

Army101 !!  What a ripoff !!

Yes that is a stupid price for an attorney to charge.  If you use one find someone else.  Both Planner and I can recommend good ones.

Bob K

Ad I understand the process you need to go thru the residencia process - the documentation parts, along with an official work sponsor letter that is pre approved by the ministry of work.  All those docs go to the local embassy which will approve the visa to come. It is my understanding you cannot do it from here, double check!

Once here it has to still be filed in Santo Domingo.  Make sure you file here as well.

I am African guy with Engineering expertise and I would like to get the job in DR and live in it.
What is the best way to get the job in DR through online networks?
I am very interested with this country?

salumuiddi
First off welcome to the forum.  Have you ever been to the DR before??? IF not you need to visit before making any plans.  Pay here is very low ($300-$400 a month).  To work here legally you need you residency and cedula.  This process needs to start in your home country.  There is lots to read about this and general living here on this forum.  Read all the multiple threads and then come back and ask specific questions.

Bob K

Thanks for the information.
In reality I have not been in DR.
But the salary range is very low indeed than I expected.
That salary is not different from my home country in Africa.
Regards,
Salumu Iddi.

Rio, you don't need anything for 6 months. They just shake you down for 4000 pesos or whatever when you leave, and,,,,,,,,,they're happy to have the money.

Needs more if he wants to work here

Bob K

Rio said he DIDNT want to work.

thecolonel
You need some more coffee today.  You are answering a post from 3 years ago and I was giving info to  salumuiddi who was posting today :)

Bob K