Family with toddler moving to Arusha. Daily living questions.

Hello,
My family will be moving to Arusha some time next year. I would like to know about the day to day life.
Anyone with young children have any advice for water/food safety?
Children and mosquitos??
For young children, what do you dress them in at night?
What are things that I should bring from america that I can't buy there? Deodorant, tampons, diapers?
Also culturally, are there things as a woman that I should do or shouldn't do, or wear?
Thanks

Hi Sheanasan,

Arusha is cool place to stay, All your concerns were similar to mine till last month.

I moved to Arusha with family (baby 4 months) in Aug, Though I have been staying in Arusha since Sept 14 for baby we required some extra precaution.

Water / Food: no problems of water and food (Mineral water and fresh vegetables are available ).

Mosquito's: There is problem of mosquito's at some parts of Arusha, specially alongside market for that you will get here Net/repellents/coils/creams

Clothes: Advisable to carry warm / full sleeves clothes for baby (we generally do), since temperature here for now (at nights) is around 15-20, this may continue till Jan/feb. My baby is enjoying weather.

Cosmetics for baby: Diapers those comfortable for your baby you can carry with you, cosmetics those suits your baby you can carry with you.

Medicines: Those advised by doctors you should carry however you may get basic medicines here with same contents with different make.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Thank you Rajesh for your response.