Volunteering in Russia

Hi,

While living abroad, some expats wish to get involved in the local community life.

What organizations expats can turn to if they want to volunteer in Russia?

How to join a charitable institution, what are the steps?

Which causes have the greatest need for volunteers in Russia?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience and advice,

Maximilien

Hello,    There are many possibilities, but mainly, I think, you will be needed to help with children's camps in summer or some English teaching in schools.  This is very easy to organise, as many schools run camps and need volunteer native English speakers to help.

Where are you based?

Hi S_Robert,

Just to inform you that Maximilien is a member of the Expat.com team. He has launched this topic in order to collect information on volunteering in Russia and later make them available to the members who are seeking such information.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi

I would suggest you contact the Taganka Children's Fund.......who support single mums, who are almost on the bread line! Many of the mums would love to meet expats, for excursions, meetings, play dates (If you have children and maybe even donations.

Hello,  I have many contacts with schools and camps in Novosibirsk, Tomsk and Krasnoyarsk regions, all giving great opportunities to improve Russian and do work.  Some even provide accommodation.  Please contact me individually as one school is looking for teachers for its winter camp in Novosibirsk region.

Hi sir Robert!
please count me in for the said organization who needs volunteer. 
I have been here for 3 years now. I work as live in caregiver .babies toddler and elderly is my forte.if you could squeeze me in every weekend .I can be of help.
My email is ++++  my nams is geegee.from molojosnaya.come frome the Philippines.

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

Hello, again GeeGee,   Your email didn't come through to me.  Can you resend it or contact me at **************

Best wishes,

Robert

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security