Expat-friendly Sport Events

Just sharing some useful info, a fun community where regular sports programs are organized such as Basketball, Football (Soccer), CrossFit, Wakeboarding, Volleyball, GoKart, Wall Climbing, Hiking, Kayaking, Frisbee, Crazy Night Runs. It's called ISAB short for International Sport Association of Budapest. facebook.com/groups/275934365945013/

http://welovebudapest.com/image/new.timetable.isab.exact726w.jpg?v=3

I think there's a kids sport event tomorrow or at the weekend somewhere.  It's where kids can try out all the different sports for the new school year. I saw it on the TV but I wasn't really paying attention. Maybe one of the other contributors knows about it.

Keep us posted on these activities if you can.
I am "outta here" for a few months but this coming spring might be interested in some yoga classes.
My husband used to be a rather good surfer on Maui and used to kayak allot in Hawaii and in Calif in the ocean.
We both wouldn't mind trying our hand ( or rather arms) at doing a Danube trip.
Getting a bit old now so a two person kayak might be great. ( one of us could nap while the other paddles!!)
We once paddled down the Makal river in Belize.
That was fun... was easy when we were fresh in the early morning hours going down stream but after a day of swimming and adventures it was not exactly fun paddling upstream to the lodge in the early evening.Rented a heavy metal canoe that wore us out. I felt like I was on a slave ship with my husband screaming row, row, row upstream before it got dark and we were lost in the river alone.
Going down the Danube with a group sounds like a breeze.

check out the facebook group i think there is GoKarting tonight, and maybe some frisbee on the weekend. facebook.com/groups/275934365945013/

Thanks, wish I could go, love go carts, feel the need for speed!!

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Thanks, wish I could go, love go carts, feel the need for speed!!

There's a karting place in Budaors, right next to the highway out towards Vienna. It's on the site of an old large commercial fruit and vegetable market.  Click here: Budaring Karting Map or here: Budaring Karting Website

Thanks, have seen that place before, watched them for a bit while walking next door to it at the bootsale.
love to do it again, just not sure about any more whiplash accidents...