Credit in Bulgaria.

Hi All .

I am Danny and I moved to Sofia from London over a year ago. I have obtained 5 years right to stay over here and I am working full time for Google.

Me and my partner have just had a baby (few months ago ) and we decided to try to get a mortgage as we are both reasonably well paid . I was told that I need to live in Bulgaria for 5 years before I can receive any kind of credit .

Previously I was told that I need to have a full residency  ID card and when my daughter was born , although I tried today and told I have to wait 5 years.

Has any expats got any advice regarding the credit situation as I really don't want to wait 5 years for this to happen.

buy something inexpensive in the villages around Sofia and pay cash

rami kremesti M.Sc.

Founder BONKA

There are a few banks that offer foreigners credit, at a much higher interest rate. (nearly 8% as opposed to 5-6%)... it is not ideal, but you may want to check that out, as not all banks offer it- I know fibank does, as well as unicredit/bulbank, and I believe OBB may have it as well. (I wish I had more info for you... you may already be trying for foreign credit?) For fibank and unicredit, I believe it is targeted at people who do not even have longterm residency, so you should be eligible.

Yes, Unicredit is a great bank, if you have a work contract you will be able to get credit. It will be good if you make a large deposit with them so they put you as a preferred client and then you can get a lot more done and even bend the rules a bit ;)

If you register as business and open a business account you should have no problem gaining a mortgage there is foreign mortgages also, you don't have to own a business to open a business account

Mags