Caravan Move

Hi, we are moving from the Pleven district to the Vratsa district, and we have a twin wheel caravan that we need to move. My car is now registered in Bulgaria but I have not had the caravan mot'd, or insured here, so can anyone give me any advice on how to move the caravan, which would be a 1 time thing? The information online is a bit confusing, and on my UK licence I can drive any vehicle and pull any trailer, and have the Bulgarian Litcheni and Tallon cards, but not a registration plate for the caravan. If I am unable to move it, I may sell it rather than struggle to solve the problem! Any advice would be appreciated, thanks...

Hi I have a similar question with regards bringing a caravan into BG from the UK when we move in January so I hope someone can help

Perhaps I can help regarding you bringing your caravan into Bulgaria. You need the purchase invoice proving it is yours, Cris registration, and other things such as not over weight etc. Let me know what you want to know I  will try to advise...

Hi there
Thanks for that. We have been in BG and only just got back.
We are moving over in January I drive a Range Rover sport and will be towing a Bailey twin axle caravan
I have all the necessary docs like Cris etc is there any other she's I may have can't not the country
Thanks in advance
Paul

Hi, I can't understand your question as the text is garbled. You say that you have the cris docs and you should have the receipt of purchase for the caravan to prove that you own it. Also, you must have 'speed limit ' stickers on the back of the caravan (left hand side) showing 90 and 80, black numbers on white, the 90 above the 80. Be sure that it is well balanced (not nose heavy). When we crossed the border into Bulgaria, One officer asked to look inside the caravan and he just looked and walked out and that was it.
Be careful of the road conditions and watch for pot holes and roma horse or donkey carts. We traveled through France to Rome, spent a week on a caravan site, then took a ferry to Greece, and came up into Bulgaria from the south. The road in Greece is one long hill and the temp was over 40deg and it was a difficult pull that left several vehicles with engine fires, so I would not do that again lol. The weather in January could be an issue, so check for conditions well in advance. Hope this helps, be safe!